Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

the Darkness new release

Guitarzan

i just picked up The Darkness.."one way ticket to hell and back".

it suprised me.

Justin Hawkins is either in the high registers or low when he is singing, he doesn't jump around as much. ( not as much fun, but some people didn't like that)

when i listen to this is hear Sweet, Queen and some Beatles. probably the vocals and the arrangements.

still now bad at all.

i think it is less crunchy than the last one but i can live with it.

has anyone else picked this up?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got a review copy at work, and liked it; there does seem to be a lot more Queen and less AC/DC compared to the first one. I think Justin's voice is a lot steadier, particularly in the higher registers - which is good in my book, his voice was the one thing about the first one that really rubbed me the wrong way.

where else would you hear the line......" i have never seen a set of eyes more hazelerer"

the album starts with a pan flute!

the chorus to "knockers" is " i just love what you've done with your hair"

these guys are sounding allright.

i love the whole feel of the album since i have listened again.

I went out and bought it the day it came out. They fixed a lot of stuff I found wrong with the first album (an album I still admire though) - Justin's worked really hard on his voice, the solos are audible rather than buried in mud. Songwriting is also pretty good, some nice hooks.

But the real fun is watching all the rock critics falling down on their faces trying to pin influences on the songs, they're all over the map :P

"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

Archived