Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Audition...

fantasticsound

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Caputo:

...There seems to be a real infrastructure w/ the casting crew, auditions, etc . . .

Instead of these fly by night whorehouse situations i have been scarred by

Sorry to hear that! I really don't know anything about the casting agent, so I'm about to look him up. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

What a blast! I hope it turns out well for you Neil.

A friend of mine did a series of commercials for Miller Beer where he was sitting in a cheap motel room playing guitar. Got him quite a bit of national coverage.

I've done some voice-over work and corporate meeting/presentation scoring that was a lot of fun. I'd love to do more commercial and corporate stuff.

Good luck!

Neily oh Neily oh Neily, oh, Neil

What'll we do if you do land this deal,

Too busy to post here, when you're a big wheel;

Seen on the tube, makin' the young girls squeal...

Hey, here's hopin' you do get a call from them to come back; and even if you don't, it sounds like a positive experience all around, that might lead to others. Keep us posted!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Hey Paul! I work for a corporate event company, but the creative director has a long list of musicians/writers in his black book. He was in entertainment management, after playing bass guitar in shows for Opryland USA prior to its' demise.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

... I spoke to his assistant to verify something and she indicated they'd know more by the end of the week.

Thumbs up, brother!

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Neily oh Neily oh Neily, oh, Neil

What'll we do if you do land this deal,

Too busy to post here, when you're a big wheel;

Seen on the tube, makin' the young girls squeal...

Hey, here's hopin' you do get a call from them to come back; and even if you don't, it sounds like a positive experience all around, that might lead to others. Keep us posted!

If I make young girls squeal my wife might have something to say about it. ;):D

Of course I could just be wild and crazy at Lilly's birthday party. 7 year olds have one heck of a scream. :rolleyes:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Yeah, but in Italy don't all men think it's allright to play, "grab-ass" with the girls, Vince? ;)

Actually, I've never seen it happen, even in darkest, deepest Sicily where you'd EXPECT guys to do that.

I've asked about it ("hey, aren't you guys meant to be pinching women's asses?") and after some puzzlement, the only sensible answer I've ever received is that it was probably aimed at tourists. And back in the 1950s or whenever.

Traditionally, in Italy, it can take you weeks to take a woman to bed. You start off by going out with a whole bunch of friends and then progress to smaller and smaller groups until you're finally on your own, on a date with the girl. So that sort of forwardness is hardly the order of the day.

Pity.

I've worked for Nokia and been told, by guys who've been to Finland, that the Finns are much more practical about this stuff. From what I've heard, you're at a disco or whatever and you put your hand on a womans arse. If she turns around and says "no", then you apologize and try it with someone else until someone either says "yes" or remains silent. It must be the cold weather or something.

I've always wondered about how true that story is, but I've never thought it wise to ask. Any Finn lurkers in here?

Well, the people I know who confirmed the Italian stereotype were in Rome. Maybe it's the ghost of Nero. ;)

Please, no one from Finland answer in the affirmative. My wife will never let me go on tour there, should the chance arise. ;)

I could've used that kind of pickup when I was single. Would've saved me a lot of time and painful awkwardness. :freak:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived