Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hewlett Packard Telecaster

Guitar Geezer

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, a Telecaster that finally lives up to it's name! :D (Sort of.)

Well, that display monitor on the back is one case where a tube loses to modern technology, hands-down! ;)

(Imagine the noise generated by a CRT-bearing Tele. Now imagine the weight, and the bulk... )

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

That's ridiculous. Are you supposed to open your guitar case on tour every time you need your computer? Other than some direct connectivity, it doesn't seem at all practical.

I really love when people/companies combine technology in innovative ways, but this isn't even a novelty.

Now if you had viewable access while playing the instrument, that would be really interesting...

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Reminds me of the way that by the late 1980s they'd overproduced the chips that went into digital watches and absolutely EVERYTHING came with a built in watch. :evil:

Seriously though, I can't see it taking off. I get the feeling I'll look like an idiot in ten years' time, but here goes... there's nothing really useful in that guitar. There, I said it. Maybe you guys ought to go buy some HP shares! ;)

I think that's one of the dumbest ideas I've seen for a while. I can't see how it could begin to be practical.

The guitar is too big and heavy to make a practical tablet PC. Adding the weight of a tablet PC with little or no benefit also seems to be a bad idea.

Did they just do this because they could?

Born on the Bayou

Archived