Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Using your middle finger

Billster

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I once cut my middle finger to the bone and the dumb ER doc did not reconnect the severed tendon. I was completely unable to flip anybody off using my left hand. They had to cut my hand back open and reconnect the tendon. Barre chords would have been a bitch without that finger, but the good news is that I can now flip people off again.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

I once cut my middle finger to the bone and the dumb ER doc did not reconnect the severed tendon. I was completely unable to flip anybody off using my left hand. They had to cut my hand back open and reconnect the tendon. Barre chords would have been a bitch without that finger, but the good news is that I can now flip people off again.

Ahhh Life is sweet isn't it! I hope you take full advantage of it...it's one of my favorite driving aids :D:thu::cool:

Originally posted by crazyguitarist11:

Clapton does that hugely on the unplugged version of layla. Can't find a pic, just sayin

Clapton does it a lot, especially on that barre chord where you barre the B, G and D strings with your ring finger and pick up the root with your first. When Clapton does it his middle finger stands up proudly...

Originally posted by ellwood:

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

Ahhh Life is sweet isn't it! I hope you take full advantage of it...it's one of my favorite driving aids :D:thu::cool:
Yeah, in some parts of the country people do that all the time...nobody thinks much of it. Down here, it'll get you shot. Southerners (as a rule) take that VERY seriously and become quite insulted over it. I've seen some pretty serious fights over someone getting flipped off in traffic. People just don't do that around here unless they are literally ready for a physical fight (or worse). When I travel to some other parts of the country I see people doing it all the time.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Yup - I was once pulled over in Tucson cuz my wife at the time who wasn't driving flipped off another driver for cutting us off. The cop gave me a warning ticket and a stern lecture about how he's seen people get shot in road rage situations, some of which have happened with a someone flipping the bird. :eek:
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Yup - I was once pulled over in Tucson cuz my wife at the time who wasn't driving flipped off another driver for cutting us off. The cop gave me a warning ticket and a stern lecture about how he's seen people get shot in road rage situations, some of which have happened with a someone flipping the bird. :eek:

My ex-wife was real bad about that. She came from Illinois and apparently it was commonplace around there to flip people off. I told her several times not to do that, but she just didn't get it. One day we were driving through Brandon Florida and a guy in a pickup truck sort of cut us off a little....it really wasn't even that close, I just had to slow down a little....no big deal and I didn't even think about it. Well, as we passed the guy (he had moved over to the right lane), she flipped him off out of the passenger window. Not surprisingly, he became somewhat enraged and pulled back up beside us and started yelling and motioning for us to pull over.

I said "Well, now you're going to find out what I've been trying to tell you. I'm not going to fight your fight for you...you started it, you fight it. I'm going to let him beat the crap out of you. I've told you over and over to keep that f$%king finger to yourself."

I knew (of course) that I couldn't let that happen, but I had an idea. I stopped on the side of the road and immediately got out. He got out of his truck as started raising hell...I quickly explained the situation to him and said "You can help me teach her a lesson here...I told her I was going to let you beat the crap out of her. Just go tell her to get out of the car and scare her a little." He did it...he went and told her "Get the hell out of the car...you want to start a fight with me? Let's rock and roll." She was literally crapping herself. She was in tears by the time I got back to the car, but she learned her lesson...she NEVER did that again. I figure I may have saved her from getting a serious beating if I wasn't around to intervene (later on I wanted to administer it myself, but that's a whole different story)...some people are literally (dangerously) crazy and you never know who they are.

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Archived