Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

question from the dummy class

skipclone 1

Umm...

Okay, I`m asking cause I haven`t done this before.

The band has uploaded a song they want to do. I need to get it onto a CD. I`m assuming that, as a novice ripper, that I just get a CD-R, pop it into the drive, click on Media Player or whatever equivalent is in the computer, go to the song link and record it? or do I go to the link first?

or do I throw salt over my left shoulder and shake a bag of lizard bones over the monitor?

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, your CD Burner should have come with burning software (Probably Nero).

Start up Nero and select "Audio CD". (It has to be set to audio CD for it to convert it to the "CD Player" format.

Next, select the song you want to burn to the CD. Then select "burn". It will convert the song to the correct format and then burn the song.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

I think the first thing you need to do is sownload the song to your computer's hard drive. To do this, right click on the link and scroll dow to "save target as." Save the MP3 to your music folder.

After you do this your ripping software will let you access the song and burn it to a CD.

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Originally posted by Mudcat:

I think the first thing you need to do is sownload the song to your computer's hard drive. To do this, right click on the link and scroll dow to "save target as." Save the MP3 to your music folder.

After you do this your ripping software will let you access the song and burn it to a CD.

My fault. I assumed it was already on his comp.

XP has a built in burn program that isn't compatible with certain others, such as Easy CD Creator 4, but allows Nero to run. Real Player and some others also have a burn program.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Archived