Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Thank God I found this forum !

Renevator

Ok, so its probably all been said before, but Id like to add my thanks to everyone here for their invaluable advice. I stumbled across this place, as you do on the big www, and thru taking time to read a whole bunch of posts, and receiving excellent advice from many, including GUITARZAN and DENNYF specifically, Ive ended up with a basic but for me wonderful set up that without the knowledge from you guys, Id never even have dreamt of owning. Ok, so its not that special to you experts out there, (Its simply a Godin LGSP90 & Trademark 10), but to me, as a learner, its superb. Armed with all your advice, I felt raesonably confident buying this secondhand, and as a result got a £650+ set up for basic "starter pack" money. I'm no way good enough to justify it yet, but boy does it make me feel good learning on it. So, I guess I owe you guys!!! :D

I wish I could contribute more to the forum, but as I say, being a learner (er, and a slow one at that I'm afraid), it'll be some time before I can contribute useful knowledge, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy all the banter, advice, lessons etc, and with your help will continue to enjoy this wonderfull experience of playing the guitar.

Rene

(P.S. Denny - I missed out on the 60, but am more than chuffed with the 10, but thanks for your advice anyway)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Renevator:

I wish I could contribute more to the forum, but as I say, being a learner...

Lots of threads start off with some sort of question, often enough about gear or technique. Just because you're a beginner doesn't mean you can't contribute to the forum :D

I really like this forum too. People are actually helpful and very knowledgeable.

don't count yourself out Renevator, like Kramer says alot of threads are opinions, questions and everyone is valuable.

thanks for the compliment, i am just a dude who loves his guitar ( i don't sleep with it , or talk to it yet). glad you are pumped about your setup.

hang around and start some topics.

thats all i do.

Welcome to the forum, Renevator. It's always nice to add new points of view to our discussions. So contribute whenever you feel like it. I'm sure you'll be able to add something, since many of us haven't been new players for a while, we sometimes forget how the things we talk about must appear to newer players.

Drop by the ROLL CALL thread and sign up, too. Tell us a little about yourself.

Born on the Bayou

Renevator, we are glad you are here with us! When I was starting out playing guitar there wasn't a place like the internet or Forums to ask questions and to just hang out with other musicians! You are so right, this is a real resource for beginners and old pros alike! You know sometimes when we get a question that may seem very simple and straight forward in the beginning can take us into complex areas, it is fun to see where these paths will take us!!

:D:D

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

don't count yourself out Renevator, like Kramer says alot of threads are opinions, questions and everyone is valuable.

thanks for the compliment, i am just a dude who loves his guitar ( i don't sleep with it , or talk to it yet). glad you are pumped about your setup.

hang around and start some topics.

thats all i do.

Zan you are the man with Zplan....you don't sleep

with your guitar? :confused: boy I better stop

that :o

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

i am just a dude who loves his guitar ( i don't sleep with it , or talk to it yet).

I don't either, but every now and then I just stare at it and ask my wife "Isn't this a cool looking guitar?"

She's never very impressed.

I use to do the same thing all the way up to the

divorce :(

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Darklava:

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

i am just a dude who loves his guitar ( i don't sleep with it , or talk to it yet).

I don't either, but every now and then I just stare at it and ask my wife "Isn't this a cool looking guitar?"

She's never very impressed.

I use to do the same thing all the way up to the

divorce :(

WHAT??!!?!!??

:freak::eek::confused:

You divorced your guitar?!!? :thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived