Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guitar Purchase

Sauntman

I took a leap of faith and bought a new guitar online from Sweetwater. I am a little nervous about buying a guitar online. Anyway, I just ordered a Classic 50's Strat in the Surf Green color. I have played several Strats recently at a nereby Guitar Center, MIA's and MIM's. Wanting something with a more vintage 50's or 60's sound and because I really like a few of the colors of the Classic 50's Strats, I decided to go with this model. Also, just to have something a little bit different, though the soft "V" neck might throw me for a while. I paid $630 for it which, seems to be the going rate for this guitar and within the range I wanted to spend (though on the high end of the desired range). I am a bit nervous because it is a MIM and because I will be getting a guitar I didn't actually sit down and test out before buying. So, I have my fingers crossed hoping I will love the guitar! Anybody have anything to say that might calm my nerves?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have been informed by Sweetwater that my guitar has shipped. Also, my sales rep told me that I got the very last Surf Green Classic 50's Strat they had in stock. So, that made feel a little lucky. Many of the other internet retailers didn't have them in stock. Hearing from you all, I do feel more at ease with my choice of Sweetwater. My sales rep asked me where I had heard of Sweetwater or what had led me to them and I replied the Guitar Player Magazine online forum. He was like "very cool."

Archived