Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stack enquiry

Sam88

I am just about to purchase a line 6 spider II hd head and was wondering what cab would be best, should I just stick to the corresponding line 6 cab or go for something like the marshall 1960...or are there any other suggestions, thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sam88:

I am just about to purchase a line 6 spider II hd head and was wondering what cab would be best, should I just stick to the corresponding line 6 cab or go for something like the marshall 1960...or are there any other suggestions, thanks.

Ya I think Reif is correct, but I am partical to the Marshall..get greenbacks if you buy the Marshall!! :D:thu:

If it was me, an I could get a good price on it, I'd go for the Line 6 cab. Why? It has speakers they designed to work with the amp models. Greenback Celestions have a particular sound of their own, and that is going to affect the way the amp models sound. The Line 6 cab isn't gonna sound as good as the Marshall cab with other amps, but it should sound better than the Marshall with the Line 6 head.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Picker:

If it was me, an I could get a good price on it, I'd go for the Line 6 cab. Why? It has speakers they designed to work with the amp models. Greenback Celestions have a particular sound of their own, and that is going to affect the way the amp models sound. The Line 6 cab isn't gonna sound as good as the Marshall cab with other amps, but it should sound better than the Marshall with the Line 6 head.

Ya now that I think about it Picker is correct. The line 6 bottom would be the way to go.

Archived