Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Does anyone have...

picker

...a copy of the sound sheet record that Guitar Player put out in the issue that had Eric Johnson on the cover? It has the best version of "Cliffs of Dover" I ever heard, and the new DVD of Johnson's 1988 Austin City Limits appearance is not the same version. He did an earlier appearance on ACL sometime between 1984-'86, that one I recall seeing on VHS. I would love to get ahold of a copy...

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picker-

I have in front of me a VHS tape with Eric Johnson's Austin City Limits appearances in 1985 and 1990. I don't have a VCR anymore, so it's yours if you'd like. Email me with your mailing details.

There may be some other EJ material in addition to the two shows I listed above. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, you'll be treated to an early (and better, I think) version of Manhattan, which eventually ended up on Venus Isle. Don't hold me to either one of these, though.

I will say that the tape hasn't been played in years and videotape can get a little mucky over time. Keep your fingers crossed when you pop it in.

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

OK, I have it converted to mp3 (Fancy 192k).

I have nowhere to host it right now (I'm also a little leery of publicly placing it, copyrights, etc. even though I'm not personally profiting). If anyone sends me a PM with their e-mail I'll send it along as an attachment.

I'll wait a few days to gather the addresses and send one bulk e-mail.

Originally posted by A String of Lights:

How big is the file?

7.3 meg - the 192k mp3's run big, but they do sound a little better to me. Of course I recorded the thing off a 20 year old flexi-disc :freak: so it's a miracle there's any identifiable sound at all...

I'll sit for requestor addresses until Monday the 12 of December and send it out then.

Originally posted by GtrWiz:

I've got the complete unedited '85 ACL show on DVD, if anyone out there knows how to rip audio from DVD, I'd be happy to help...

Can ya burn a DVD copy of it?

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

I've got the complete unedited '85 ACL show on DVD, if anyone out there knows how to rip audio from DVD, I'd be happy to help...

There's a number of software packages that capture audio from almost anything your computer can play. If your computer has a DVD drive, you should be able to rip from it.

If you have a dedicated DVD player, there may be a digital audio output if you have a suitable interface to your computer. Even using the analog audio out from your DVD player into the computer soundcard would have to sound better than a flexi-disc.

Speakin' o' such soundpages of yore, the one they had in GP years and years and years ago in the late '80s or early '90s of Carlos Santana playing "Blues for Salvador" live in a television studio was beautiful, man. Introduced me to big, round, truly dark lead tones, expanding my tonal horizons on guitar.

Anyone ever hear that one?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Speakin' o' such soundpages of yore, the one they had in GP years and years and years ago in the late '80s or early '90s of Carlos Santana playing "Blues for Salvador" live in a television studio was beautiful, man. Introduced me to big, round, truly dark lead tones, expanding my tonal horizons on guitar.

Anyone ever hear that one?

I haven't listened, but I saw the physical item when I was digging through the shoebox for EJ the other night ;)

Originally posted by Picker:

Can ya burn a DVD copy of it?
Yeah, I'm a little concerned about having to make copies for everyone (I don't have the time), so if enough people would be interested, we could maybe set up a trading system where I send a couple of copies to folks w/DVD burners, etc.

anyone interested send me a PM.

www.myspace.com/christondre

Originally posted by Billster:

Originally posted by A String of Lights:

How big is the file?

7.3 meg - the 192k mp3's run big, but they do sound a little better to me. Of course I recorded the thing off a 20 year old flexi-disc :freak: so it's a miracle there's any identifiable sound at all...

I'll sit for requestor addresses until Monday the 12 of December and send it out then.

7.3 Megs is a little too big for my mail server, I think they only accept up to 5 Meg files.

Have you had any luck finding someone yet?

Originally posted by Billster:

There's a number of software packages that capture audio from almost anything your computer can play. If your computer has a DVD drive, you should be able to rip from it.

If you have a dedicated DVD player, there may be a digital audio output if you have a suitable interface to your computer. Even using the analog audio out from your DVD player into the computer soundcard would have to sound better than a flexi-disc.

I've been trying to rip from the DVD, and I can't figure it out. Do you know the names of any of the software? I run a mac.

I've done transfers from the analog outs, it works pretty well, coz I've got some API mic pre's that go into Pro Tools, but it's a pain in the ass to get my DVD player into my studio.

www.myspace.com/christondre

Archived