Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

multi-guitar bands

Hardtail

I was just thinking about bands having two guitar players that compliment each other well. Some of my favorite bands (not in any particular order)

Iron Maiden

Thin Lizzy

The Eagles (lots of guitars)

Lynyrd Skynryd (lots of guitars)

AC/DC

Allman Brothers

Queensryche (Operation Mindcrime at least... don't know about their other releases).

What are some of your favorites?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by KPB:

Well, the Stones, I guess...

But I thought Thin Lizzy were a three piece?

Three guitars? I thought there were just two.

Oh well. With my mention of Skynrd and the Eagles, I should have stated "at least 2" guitars.

Well, the Stones, I guess...

But I thought Thin Lizzy were a three piece?

Three guitars? I thought there were just two.

Oh well. With my mention of Skynrd and the Eagles, I should have stated "at least 2" guitars.

No, my bad.

I've since edited the post.

I've never been into Thin Lizzy and was just remembering a picture I saw years ago in an NME rock encyclopaedia where there was just Lynott, Moore and whoever the drummer was. That's why I thought they were a three piece. I've now checked out the article in wikipedia and stand corrected :)

3 of them: Radiohead

2 of them: Franz Ferdinand. These guys' parts are very well thought-out, although I heard they can't keep their beat live. Of course, it's nothing 'complex', but it's good to hear a pop band w/ an ear for that kind of stuff.

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

My band is about to add Museipp so we will have 3 guitarists. I think it is great, especially if everyone can sing harmony.

The only thing that you have more work to get along with each other, and you have to make sure everyone understands that with 3 guitars sometimes individually less is more.

Like in a 3 guitar band, it will sound like shit if 1 guy has EVH's tone..

Fleetwood Mac: Peter Green, Danny Kirwin, Jeremy Spencer. Kirwin was a great player - that's him on Jigsaw Puzzle Blues. And anything that sounds remotely like Elmore James was usually Spencer.

I just noticed that the Mac are already mentioned, so I'll throw in the Travelling Wilburies.

I've never been into Thin Lizzy and was just remembering a picture I saw years ago in an NME rock encyclopaedia where there was just Lynott, Moore and whoever the drummer was. That's why I thought they were a three piece. I've now checked out the article in wikipedia and stand corrected :)

Thin Lizzy was a four piece most of the time they were together. Lynott might have done a three piece with Moore and a drummer for a while, butmost of their stuff was four piece, with two guitars.

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived