Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Line 6 Guitar Port

Hardtail

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They rule. I have one. It has come up in the forum several times and I always have to plug it.

It is one of the best purchases I have ever made. It is the same as a POD XT just not as many models. It sounds great through the speakers on the PC. All stereo effects, top notch. The tuner is the best tuner I have ever used. It is very useful for playing along with tunes when you are learning something new. You can record with it too. For the money it really smokes most things. I like the interface better than POD XT.

Check out what it can do when you use Line 6 Guitar Port online services including lessons and jam-tracks... it's an excellent tool. I want to get one for my friend's 16-year-old niece who's taken up guitar and gotten a Sqier Strat with dual humbuckers in it...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by KPB:

"It's kind of cheap too. However, they rape you with the online service (if you choose it)."

Uhmn, what'd I miss? I thought the subscription rates were pretty cheap- a lot less than a magazine subscription, even- is there something I've overlooked, some 'hidden charge', fees, 'extras', etc.?

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Originally posted by KPB:

"It's kind of cheap too. However, they rape you with the online service (if you choose it)."

Uhmn, what'd I miss? I thought the subscription rates were pretty cheap- a lot less than a magazine subscription, even- is there something I've overlooked, some 'hidden charge', fees, 'extras', etc.?
You're right. I guess ~$8.00 /month isn't that big a deal. It's just one more service that adds up.

Aaaaah, I went back and rechecked- I had mistakenly thought that was a yearly rate. More expensive than the average magazine subscription; I stand corrected.

Still better than spending the same or more on pay-per-view pro wrestling events though, eh? ;):cool:

How far would the equivalent cash take you in a year's time for lessons or lesson-videos, CD-ROM's, etc.?

Caevan,

I was perusing the site a little and it looks like a nice deal. It's kind of like a "Guitar for the Practicing Musician" mag online.

Though, I'm wondering if they have enough jazz stuff to keep me interested? They offer a 30 day free trial so it'll be easy enough to find out.

Yep. I think I'm going to get this.

I don't use the online stuff. Just to have something to practice on that is small is good enough for me.

I guess if you had a lap top you could take it with you wherever you wanted. It gets some really kickass clean tones and the compressor is nice. The Marshall 800 sounds good, I like it through the 4/10.

You can also download patches for it that improve the tones and the interface. For $160 it is a steal.

Archived