Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

wah wah wah

Bbach1

Bought my first wah pedal. Its a Fulltone Clyde deluxe. I have never been big on effects because I felt it more important to understand the boring things like harmony and such, but now I'm havin some fun. I deserve it. It's a blast. I added a chorus pedal a few weeks ago and have all the crunch I want in my messa which also has reverb, so now I get to just doink around a bit and have some fun. :thu:

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool - wah's are fun, and easy to over-use initially. Sometimes I'll get silly and use in ballads, jazzy pieces, and other songs where it really doesn't fit, but somehow seems to. Sam Cooke tunes, for example, were never meant to have wah in them, but sorta come out OK with a bit of it. Enjoy! :D
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

You can always park the wah- leave it set in one position for a different type of EQ filter/mid-boost sort of effect. That's how Michael Schenker got his particular identifiable sound on a lot of his tracks, especially leads. Mick Ronson did this to great effect a lot, too, most notably all over David Bowie albums like Ziggy Stardust.

Robert- Bbach, of Bismarck- now ya know whatcha rilly need? Some kind of echo/delay. Nuthin' like it... you'd have loads of fun with your most excellent Clyde Deluxe feeding vowelly sweeps into strings of repeats... certainly more entertaining than a chorus, you'll find out it's true!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I want to check out the Morely Steve Vai Bad Horsie Wah. I like that it has no switch, it activates when you step on it. But Caevan just made me realize, you can't park it. You'd have to be applying some pressure at all times. Oh well. I still think I'd rather be switcheless.

Originally posted by Bbach of Bismarck:

Bought my first wah pedal. Its a Fulltone Clyde deluxe. I have never been big on effects because I felt it more important to understand the boring things like harmony and such, but now I'm havin some fun. I deserve it. It's a blast. I added a chorus pedal a few weeks ago and have all the crunch I want in my messa which also has reverb, so now I get to just doink around a bit and have some fun. :thu:

Welcome to the asylum! It only gets worse from here... ;)
www.myspace.com/christondre

Check out a Budda Bud-Wah also..they are amazing wah pedals!

Jason Sadites

www.sadites.com

New CD 'WEVE' available now! Featuring performances by: Tony Levin, Kenny Aronoff, Marco Minnemann, Brett Garsed, Gregg and Matt Bissonette, Chad Wackerman and more!

Should you ever want to mod or just know more about wah pedals: CLICK

And if you really have plenty of spare time: CLICK

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

By the way, I'm as close to 100% sure as I can be that the next wah I buy will be a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe, too.

I don't know as wahs get any better, maybe just different!

Wow, Haga, those links have a LOT of great, deep info in 'em! Thanks! Cool!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

The Dunlop 535Q came highly recommended on a thread a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking into getting that one for my kids. It has great reviews and sound wise has a lot of versitility.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Robert- Bbach, of Bismarck- now ya know whatcha rilly need? Some kind of echo/delay. Nuthin' like it... you'd have loads of fun with your most excellent Clyde Deluxe feeding vowelly sweeps into strings of repeats... certainly more entertaining than a chorus, you'll find out it's true!

Echo/delay? Hmmm, Christmas right around the corner too. ;)

bbach

Originally posted by Caputo:

Anyone hear about this one?

http://www.tech21nyc.com/killer_wail.html

I bought one of these last summer, and I think it's pretty cool. Especially the switch on the bottom, which allows you to change the frequency range for different EQ (not to mention making it adaptable for use with bass). It's also quite a heavy pedal, it's like a brick.
"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

With all of the choices and blah blah... I finally opted for the simple Fulltone Clyde. Love it. Back in the day I had some fancy pedal that would go aw-aw (in case I couldn't figure ou that complicated physical manuver on my own...) and had switches to lower the center frequency (which was cool); but in the long run I decided that, in the world of today, I was obsessing. So I bought a quality pedal from a quality manufacturer, it 'wah's and I smile.

Is there a better one out there? Probably. Do I care? Probably not. I need an assortment of guitars for assorted sounds. I have assorted amps for assorted sounds. I even have a couple of different distortions for different distorted sounds. Do I need assorted wahs? Personally, the answer is "No". But I can understand it if your answer is different.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by bpark@prorec.com:

With all of the choices and blah blah... I finally opted for the simple Fulltone Clyde. Love it. Back in the day I had some fancy pedal that would go aw-aw (in case I couldn't figure ou that complicated physical manuver on my own...) and had switches to lower the center frequency (which was cool); but in the long run I decided that, in the world of today, I was obsessing. So I bought a quality pedal from a quality manufacturer, it 'wah's and I smile.

Is there a better one out there? Probably. Do I care? Probably not. I need an assortment of guitars for assorted sounds. I have assorted amps for assorted sounds. I even have a couple of different distortions for different distorted sounds. Do I need assorted wahs? Personally, the answer is "No". But I can understand it if your answer is different.

Bill

I'm with you on this one. I'm actually pretty basic with my desire for effects. I don't wish to mess with much, I just want to stomp on it and have it go. I will likely find my favorite setting on the clyde and leave it there. I do like the volume control on it tho. I like being able to stomp on the clyde and not increase the volume.

bbach

I really like my Fulltone Clyde Deluxe.

I also want to point out to anyone considering a wah to look at the Teese line. His are also great sounding, and the feel under foot might be more familiar for guys than the Fulltone.

I don't think anyone could go wrong either way.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Archived