Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Well...

Chad Thorne

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the biggest necklace I've ever seen.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Although that's a valid URL to your picture. The forum code here doesn't like some of the characters. I think it has problems the "&" in the image URL.

Supposedly tinypic and photobucket have urls that don't have those characters.

A String and GuitarZan can help you make it work, though.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Bluesape:

Cool Strat - you wear it up high for a big guy...

Thanks! I put that guitar together from "pieces-parts". I wear it high because the strain is too much on my right wrist if I wear it low. See, I had to switch from playing righty to lefty, and pushed myself to regain my chops, stressed my fretting hand/arm and now it's vulnerable.

Besides, if it's good enough for Roy Buchanan...

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Hey, you've got more hair on top than me, no fair! :D

Sharp Strat; you need a comfier strap, though!

You just can't see the solar panel in back, is all...

I dunno, my wife is always after me about how wearing my guitar or mandolin on a strap is not ergonomic and is giving me neck and shoulder problems. I don't think so, and I never experience discomfort that seems directly related to playing. In fact I feel most relaxed when I'm playing!

for the pic, yea use photobucket.com

you make an account

and then click upload or browse or something

find the pic (make sure its 250kbs or smaller as a file size) ((which you can use microsft photo something for. You open it and than go to resize and make the dimensions smaller))

thne you upload it and then use that url

yeah just register at photobucket and copy/paste the url into the avatar bar in your profile.

edited to add: right click, the small pic in your photobucket page,select properties and copy that url .

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

After you paste the url into the bar make sure you hit the "Select This Avatar" button and then go to the bottom of the page and click "Update Profile".

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

Hmmmnn, works for me...

Make sure that you delete out anything and everything that's already in the slot where you paste the URL info- in this case,

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c32/cft3/guitargod1.jpg

- so that there's NOTHING in there at all before you paste in the copied URL (as above).

Then, be sure to click on the "Set URL" toggle, and wait for the displayed image in the upper left of that 'page to change to what you want it to be, before you exit out of that 'page.

Finally, be sure to click on the "Update Profile" toggle at the bottom of your Profile 'page, as well (I almost didn't do that this time, myself).

It may take a little while for the network formed by your computer and servers in between it and the MP Forum's server(s) to reflect the change; generally, once you post a new topic or reply, the new image will be displayed on the new post and begin to supplant that on the previous ones.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I'm thinking he's either not deleting the http that's already in the url bar to begin with or just not scrolling down and clicking "update profile". http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/fragend/confused-smiley-013.gif

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Slash > Carlton

Ta-da! Thanks, guys!

Besides my Strat, this pic features the green shirt that I love, but which my wife hates because it's too big and makes me look like the side of a barn...

Tedster, I had to switch because in 1980, after about 15 years of playing righty, I sustained an injury to my left arm that caused some nerve damage that prevents me from fretting with that hand.

Wait, that's me! Ehrr, wait, I'm you! Ehrr, I mean, uhh...

Wearing your favorite shirt while playing a great guitar is very important! :cool:

Now I can go back to being me... sort of...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite w/ Chad's Pic:

...Now I can go back to being me... sort of...

Yeah, your using a picture of me as your avatar seems like a kind of hero worship which, while flattering, is unnecessary... :D

Thanks again, Caev!

Archived