Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CHRISTMAS WISH LIST!

BiC

i kinda need help with what to ask for...im stil 18 :) ...my mom keeps askin what i want...but i cant decide. Its gotta be around $300 dollar, thoguh last year my main gift was around $360, so somewhere in between there. I was thinkin a used peavey classic 30, or a used fender 50's reissue, though i dont know how possible either of those is.....any other ideas? those are just kinda "forced gifts" last minute things cause i couldnt think of anything else...i never thought itd come a day where i couldnt think of anything i wanted...but i dont want cash...thanks guys

ryan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by EmptinessOFYouth:

i kinda need help with what to ask for...im stil 18 :) ...my mom keeps askin what i want...but i cant decide. Its gotta be around $300 dollar, thoguh last year my main gift was around $360, so somewhere in between there. I was thinkin a used peavey classic 30, or a used fender 50's reissue, though i dont know how possible either of those is.....any other ideas? those are just kinda "forced gifts" last minute things cause i couldnt think of anything else...i never thought itd come a day where i couldnt think of anything i wanted...but i dont want cash...thanks guys

ryan

Can't go wrong with a gift certificate to your favorite music shop! :wave: Well, I guess thats kind of cash. Hey, I'll take cash any day.... ;)

There are a number of things that my wife Maria and I have been believing God for, among them Maria's full healing (she was diagnosed with diabetes three years ago and is presently on disability from work due to eye problems related to diabetes), and our full financial freedom. We are believing that our breakthroughs in these and other areas of our lives are indeed imminent as God frees us up from all that would trouble us so that we can focus on living for Him all the remaining days of our lives, according to Luke 1:74-75. In the meantime, we are grateful for the many ways that God has blessed us and is blessing us, and most of all we are grateful for His Son Jesus, our Lord and Savior, and for His taking our place on that cross at Calvary. And, as a guitar player, I am grateful for the musical equipment that I do own, including my trusty 2003 Fender Strat Standard and my 2003 Ibanez V70CE-NT acoustic/electric.

Having said all that, here is my Wish List as it pertains to all things guitar, as it presently stands:

-Ibanez GA6CE classical/electric guitar. This will likely be my next musical purchase as finances allow. In recent years I have been drawn more to the sound of the nylon string guitar. I have tried this Ibanez guitar and find it to be a very nice playing guitar, and at a reasonable price.

-Carvin SX200C guitar amp. I truly believe that this will be my next amp, a step up from the the Ibanez Toneblaster 25R that I now use. And when I win a Carvin gift certificate in their weekly drawing, that is where it's going.

-Ibanez AS73 semi-hollowbody electric guitar. I would like to someday add a semi-hollowbody guitar of the ES-335 style to my arsenal. I have tried out the AS73, and it'a great guitar, at a great price. By the way, I don't see myself ever spending anywhere near $2000 (the going price for a Gibson ES-335) for a guitar, even if I could.

-Boss GT-8, although I would probably settle for an ME-50. This would be an upgrade from the Alesis GuitarFX that I now use.

And finally...

-Fender Custom Telecaster Special Limited Edition (the one with DiMarzios). This would be my "humbucker" guitar. Supposedly one can only get this guitar through Musician's Friend, but Peeler's in Toledo, OH recently got some in. I tried one during a recent visit up there and found this to be a very nice playing and sounding guitar.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

ryan

Ryan, think about asking for the 300 bucks in cash. Put that away and save for an amp that you want that costs more! Hay the 300 will be a great start. I know you said you dont want cash but I think it is a great idea!!

Originally posted by ellwood:

Vince just a question here: Is it true that guitar makers use their best select woods as far as grain pattern and density goes on clear or sunburst models? and that they use their seconds and non-discrept woods on models that are scheduled to be painted?

I doubt companies use bad wood on their painted models, but it is possible that companies use 2-3 piece bodies on their painted models, where natural and transparent bodies would only recieve 1 piece or book matched 2 piece bodies. For example, I've heard that some 50's and 60's era Gibson "goldtops" actually had non-bookmatched 2 and 3 piece maple tops beneath the paint. I guess people stripped the tops, thinking the vintage wood must be beautiful, only to find ugly, but still quality, wood beneath the paint.

I want a Line 6 modulation box with an expression pedal. A strat styled electric with a whammy that stays in tune. An Orange 2/12 from the mid 90's and a VHT CL 50.

Thanks Santa, I left you a cold one by the fireplace. I am sure you won't have a problem drinking and driving because you have a bunch of magic reindeer and you can stop time and stuff.

Originally posted by Kramer Ferrington III.:

Originally posted by ellwood:

ONLY ONE choice!! SUNBURST!!!! :thu:

Everybody gets those.

Go for the Lake Placid Blue. Or Daphne Blue.

Yum.

My '03 Strat is sunburst, just like a '63 Strat that I owned back in the late 70's and early 80's--and for that reason, much as any, my '03 Strat that I bought new at Peeler's in Toledo, OH had to be sunburst. But dark blue looks good too. A couple of years ago, at a GC near Cleveland, OH, I tried out an Ibanez AS73 that was a dark translucent blue--beautiful guitar! I hope I can still find an AS73 in that color when I am able to get one.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

It would be nice to get a music stand...

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c20/ak511/sheetsfloor.jpg

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Originally posted by The Lone Chicken:

I tried out an Ibanez AS73 that was a dark translucent blue--beautiful guitar! I hope I can still find an AS73 in that color when I am able to get one.

I think it was reviewed in GP a while back. It's a beautiful colour.

hey guys. Im thinkin maybe the cash is a good idea. Ill probably get more from relatives and such too, im thinkin a Classic 50's fender would be a nice thing to spend it on. now the question is sunburst or blue?

If you're going for a Tele, I think the best looking color is the Butterscotch with a maple neck. It's not that sickly Yngwie yellow but a nice creamy color.

For some reason the Strat just doesn't look as good in that color. Since everybody seems to pick the sunburst first, I'd probably go with either black or blue. But not that sickly agave. Blech!!!

Born on the Bayou

I guess, if I could ask for whatever I want, I would ask for a sound proof room to play in. That way I could play whatever I want as loud as I want without worrying about bothering the neighbors (who show no qualms about bothering us, BTW).

Of course, a sound proof house on top of the sound proof room would be even better. That way our noisy neighbors can make as much noise as possible without bothering us.

Born on the Bayou

I don't think anyone really cares, but since I'm procrastinating on completing my late homework assignments and the question was asked...

• my tuition paid off
  • a band with which to make music
  • iPod
  • digital camera
  • turntable
  • permanent epiphany of what I'm going to study for a lifelong career, i.e. what I'm going to do with my life if I can't achieve my dream of music production and be the female Phil Spector
  • a mini amp so I can walk around campus and practice or a mini guitar with a built in amp (like one of those made by...um...oh, crap what's the name of that company?)

"Have a good time, all the time." - Viv Savage

Archived