Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

CHRISTMAS WISH LIST!

BiC

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BiC: I wish you and your fellow military the best. Deployments are especially hard on families.

Not much on my list. Mainly a new Braun razor. One of the simple ones as oppossed to those fancy, smancy ones. My old one is just slap worn out.

I'd love to hear/play the PRS 513 (but not really own it).

iTunes gift cards are always nice, too!

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

I really have no idea.

I own everything I could want (within reason, of course). The next bit of gear I want is something like a Loop Man or a Jam Man, but they're about 300 and I can't ask anyone to give me something like that.

Another replacement pickup? **shrug**

I wish I could just say "I don't want anything" and that everyone would be cool about it. I suppose I could give whatever presents I get to The Deserving Poor, but people buy me things because they love me. I'm not going to insult or hurt them by giving their presents away to the poor. Maybe I'll ask for some strings or something like that.

I wanted Springsteen's Born To Run 30 year anniversary reissue, but it came out yesterday and couldn't resist getting it. Talk about a loss of self control! I'm bad about that sort of thing.

More than ever, I just want to enjoy the holidays. I've lost two family members in the last 5 months and I'm not sure if everyone will be in good spirits this year. But, there's lots of kids, which is what a big part of christmas is (though not the main reason, I know). So I'm hoping for a good holiday season.

Plus, my football team sucks.

Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

I always feel greedy asking for things; then end up with a huge list because there actually are things that I want. I certainly don't expect all, most, or many of them.

CD's out the wahzoo.

New tuners for the Hamer Duotone.

Guitar straps; I now have more axes than straps.

Looper pedal would be cool, too.

Some studio time (or someone to explain how to get my pc stuff to work)

Or maybe this (you'll like it, too, BiC)

http://www.houseofbob.com/pet33.htm

Blessed holidays to you all!

Not sure if I'd use it as a steady workhorse, or just have it as an art piece.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

I want one of these baby's:

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/tn/1/4/7/265147.jpg

I've got a drummer I need to blow away!

But what's actually on my list is a nice wide leather guitar strap, and the Indiana Jones DVD collection. :)

www.myspace.com/darcyhoover

My wish list:

Catherine Zeta-Jones, but I can settle for J-Lo or Lindsay Lohan

mint 1986 Jaguar XJ6, but I can settle for one of the new ones if pushed

Byers 7-string classical

another 7-string classical w/ a pickup (B-Band?)

AER Acousticube 3, and a good condenser mic

a nice 3-channel electric guitar amp, maybe a Rivera Knucklehead or Koch Multitone II, complete w/ matching cab, transport dolly, and fat long-haired roadie (not a pothead or junkie or an alcoholic--now that's asking for a lot!)

Carvin CT6M

Godin LGX SA and a guitar synth

Fulltone Choralflange

TC Electronic Vintage Delay

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe or Teese RMC 2

Digitech JamMan or Boss Loop Station or something of the sort

What I may get myself: a pair of custom pickups and custom wiring for my Carvin bolt+ kit, and if I behave, maybe a Guyatone MD-3 delay.

What I may actually get: a pair of jeans and some briefs. Hopefully lots of love from my GF :love::thu: . Actually, I'll get to see my family for the first time in two years, I'm quite happy about that! That in itself is a great present (that I gave myself :rolleyes: )...

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

Health insurance. For me and anyone else that doesn't have it.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

My wish list? Well, since I'm gonna start recording an acoustic CD soon, I wish for:

some new microphones (either a pair of C414's or some small diaphragm condensors);

a decent preamp (John Hardy or FMR RNP or ...);

a great nylon-string guitar with a cutaway.

I also would like a Jazzmaster to supplement the electric side of my gear :) .

And I have a couple of guitars in various stages of construction/re-construction that need parts.

But since I take so long to decide what it is I really want, I'll probably get some new CDs and music DVDs (real Christmas will have to wait a few months for me ;) ).

Happy dreaming!

I@ve already gone a bought myself one of mypresents, which I`ve also unwrapped since I want to use it for rehearsals-a Vovox `sound conductor` guitar cable. Can`t wait to try it out. In fact I`m going to complete my cable upgrade with a monster cable short link next month. Eventually I`ll need one more-the downside of a stereo amp.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

a good strat, a good baritone, an end to judicial activism, a gig where nobody is riding my back about volume, & a young, good-looking wife with a sweet disposition, no kids or family within 500 miles, and all the money in the world.

Yeah, that ought to about do it...

Always remember that you�re unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Mudcat:

Realistically, I'm shooting for a biography of Alexander Hamilton.

The Ron Chernow biography is a good read. A friend of mine gave me the hardback version for Christmas last year. It's a long book (took me almost a week to read it) with lot's of detail. But if you're a history buff, it's quite interesting. Hamilton's relationship with George Washington is particularly interesting.

Mr. Chernow does throw a few of his own conclusions into the book which I think detract from the work (I prefer facts to "analysis") but overall I think he did a good job.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by MILLO:

Originally posted by Haga:

Health insurance. For me and anyone else that doesn't have it.

Thanks for thinking about us, the un-insured of the world!
Yes it's a shame how many millions are left out. Had a pretty good job interview this morning. If all goes well I'll have some pretty good coverage come February.

While I'm at it I might as well mention I'd really like to get a BOSS TU15 tuner and a book on guitar setup and repair.

Not likely though. The 16th was my birthday and my sister got me a lamp and mom got me house shoes. :cry:

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Archived