Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My first Fender

Nils Salthe Helberg

Finally, after approx ten years with a Epiphone Les Paul Standard I bought my second electric and my first Fender yesterday.

A white japan built Jazzmaster 62'reissue. Nice guitar. After playing gitar the rest of the day I must say I'm really happy with the choice.

Actually when I went to the shop I had an Strat or an tele in mind but the salesman which now what kind of music I've played and listen to. Told me that I really should consider the Jazzmaster. And I did! Hope I will have a lot of nice years and hours with my new guitar.

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

M-audio Audiophile USB interface.

Fender Japan Jazzmaster 62'reissue

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum, Nils. :wave:

Sounds like you got what you really wanted (but didn't know it). I can't tell you how many times I've gone into a music store thinking I wanted something and coming out with something completely different.

Born on the Bayou

Hiya Nils! welcome to the Forum! keep us up to date on how your doing with the new weapon there :D ...oh and check into the ROLL CALL thread at the beginning of the first page at the top and tell us all about yourself!! hope to see TONS of posts from you and think about new topics to keep the Forum moving and growing...see ya later ..LEE in Motown :thu:

Nils, welcome to the forum :wave:

Funny thing that you, and others, should mention going in to buy one guitar and coming out with another. I had completely forgotten that was what happened 33 years ago when I bought my Martin D-18; I went in to buy a Gibson Hummingbird and tried the Martin because of its reputation. I didn't "come out with" the Martin, I'm much too OCD for that. After several A/B comparison trips back, I finally "gave in" and bought the Martin instead of the Gibson; and been spoiled by it ever since :D

Again, welcome :wave:

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

thanks for great welcome. I hope that many great things will come out of this. (Joining the forum). My first days with the Jazzmaster have been great. But I was a little bit shocked today when i spotted some scraches on the neck pickup allready... Well. The first band rehearsal with new guitar on wednesday. Expect a little report on that perhaps on thursday...

I must also that I am a busy man and I don't have a internet connection at home at the moment, but I will try to work on that aswell.

Ellwood: The roll call thing will have to wait some days. Because I'm about to rush to church. But until I've checked it out you can read my introduction post in the keyboard forum...

http://www.musicplayer.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/18/t/000629/p/16.html#000548

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

A Les Paul,Jazzmaster and a 50 watt Vox valvetronix. Sounds like very nice rig you got there.

In addition to this forum you might get some good info from the Fender Discussion Page. They have a section on the Jazzmaster HERE

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

First band rehearsal with new guitar today. Worked out perfectly. The 2nd guitarists PRS with humbuckers and my fender was a nice match....

Great guitar. Looking forward to the first gig, whenever that will be...

Thanks for information about the Fender forum....

Korg Triton LE 61

Novation KS5

Native Instruments B4II

Medion Laptop computer

Epiphone Les Paul

Ibanez AS-73

Vox AD50VT

Archived