Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Driving home yesterday

Hardtail

Since I've lived in NY, I've seen some strange things while driving but this one is on the top of the list.

I'm driving home from work yesterday and traffic starts backing up and slowing me down. I notice some flashing light ahead so I figure it's another "rubber-necking" delay.

As I approach the scene, I see there's no accident at all but rather there's a big dog running along the right shoulder. The state trooper on the scene was just slowing everyone down to avoid an accident until this dog could be caught.

Now, as I stated, the dog is running along the right side shoulder with a pickup truck running along with it to keep it from going in the road.

The closer I approach, the more I think "That's one weird looking dog!".

When I finally get abreast of this dog, I realize that it's a goat. A goat was running along the Northern Parkway in Long Island, NY.

I lost it for the next 5 miles. I couldn't stop laughing.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honestly at least you had some enjoyment out of it. I wish that would happen here in CO. Instead people over-react to a deer along side the road, many times coming to a complete stop, where it is unecessary, and even dangerous. Moreover, our traffic jams, and slow downs, are usually due to some mysterious cause which i still have yet to identify. Basically, there is no reason, people are just retarded.
hot girls, fast cars, and even louder guitars

There's a traffic phenomenon I've heard simply called "memory." Say there's a crash on the highway. Traffic's all backed up. People a way back in the line can see that it goes to some point ahead. When the police and the wrecker get there and get traffic moving, the flow doesn't go as rapidly as it could, because everybody's slowing down to get a look at the wreck. The wrecker hauls it off, the road's clear, but the people behind who could see where the others were slowing down to look slow down when they get there so they can look, too. Only nothing's there. People will keep slowing down and looking around at that spot long after it's clear, wondering why the heck everybody's slowing down and looking?
"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

(Conversation in pickup-truck)

Lem: "Damn it! A Cop!"

Clem: "Awe, Lem, relax, he's jus' tryin' t'git yer goat!"

:freak::D:rolleyes::thu:

Sorry, I know that was pretty bad!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I once saw two guys walking down I-77 carrying a giant head - like the kind that a restaurant sign character might have. 'Bout a 1/2 mile later there was a truck from some restaurant like Shoney's or something. Apparently the head had fallen of the truck. I don't know which would've been more funny - the guys carrying the head or seeing the head fall off the truck onto the interstate.
Everybody knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. - Homer Simpson

One Sunday afternoon driving back to Atlanta from Columbia, SC on I-20 a few years ago we encountered people slowing way down. As we continued forward we finally found out what was causing the slowdown. There were several cows in the median of the highway having a good munch on the grass. A couple of Georgia State Patrol cars were also parked in the median with their blue lights flashing. It was a pretty strange sight.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Sergeant_Shellis:

Sorry, but I live in Prague, and Prague drivers take every damn cake there is when it comes to crummy driving.

Prague is the only city where I have seen a car turned over...in a parking lot. I mean, come on. How do you do that? Seriously.

In Detroit, they turn them over just to make it easier to rip off the tires and wheels! :D

Archived