Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Vox V848 Clyde Mcoy Wah....Is it Good?

webe123

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the Vox pedal. I've only used the Dunlop. This site has quite a bit of info on wah pedals: LINK

Maybe that could help you decide.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Ok, you can hear my 535Q on our version of Purple haze by clicking on SoundClick at the bottom of my posts. That is what one sounds like in a live setting. I'm not sure how else to tell ya? It's difficult to explain these sounds? Thats a 535Q on the Hendrix setting with the boost in about half way. The recording is not the greatest but maybe you can hear something that will help ya....LEE

Originally posted by ellwood:

Ok, you can hear my 535Q on our version of Purple haze by clicking on SoundClick at the bottom of my posts. That is what one sounds like in a live setting. I'm not sure how else to tell ya? It's difficult to explain these sounds? Thats a 535Q on the Hendrix setting with the boost in about half way. The recording is not the greatest but maybe you can hear something that will help ya....LEE

Thanks.

Originally posted by Virtual Jim:

I've got this pedal. Overpriced, but it's ace. Classic vox sound with NO tone sucking.

Now THAT is what I wanted to hear! Thanks for that. Yeah, it is pricey for a wah pedal, but it would be worth it to me, if I could get a classic vox sound. I am reading good reviews on it also and I like the V848 because it has true bypass and a 9 volt adaptor, which are essential if I am gonna buy this pedal.

• 7 months later...

Archived