Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got Your Moves Down? Help me!

Sergeant_Shellis

Hey, I'm about two weeks away from playing a show with my AC/DC cover band. Of course, I'm Angus, so somebody, please, teach me how to duckwalk. Break it down, step by step. I watch his videos and it's just impossible.

It'd be sweet if this thread turned into a "move"-thread, containing all kinds of physical guitar extravagancy.

/Sarge

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah! That certainly isn't what I expected to read...

I don't know how to teach you to "Duckwalk" (originated by Chuck berry), but welcome to the forum; at least this'll bump your thread up the front 'page a bit here...

Hey, I've long loved AC/DC, Angus 'n' Malcolm (Malcolm's sound is to die for!), and I even got all done-up as Angus for an air-band contest when I was about fourteen years old. Tell us all about your band (perhaps on a new thread, for the sake of this one's "Duckwalk" question), maybe even throw us some clips and pics if you like, Sarge! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Haha, well, this band is not my "real" band, left that one in Sweden 2 years ago...This is just a bunch of seniors getting together to raise some hell for the end of our trimester. We're entertainers - let people drink a few beers, and partake in some rockin'. Yeah, we're getting dressed up alright...living out our dreams of being a succesful rock band.

But anyway, back to Angus's antics...I've got his semi-epileptic jerks and body movements down, it's just the duckwalk that I need right now.

/Sarge

Chuck originally came up with it by accident, out of neccessity- he was crouching down in hope of hiding the wrinkles in their stage costumes that had come back all creased-up from the cleaner's.

Just crouch down like Angus does in those vids, horizontally bob your head, and move around to the beat as the unnatural position allows and dictates. That's the extent of my choreographical ability to help you here, sorry if it's too little to get much from...

I think they'll love you as long as you SOUND right, though, Sarge!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

My philosophy is, if you want a perfect sound, get the record. If you want something that might not sound the same as (but not necessarily worse than) a recording, and something that you can participate in, then go to a live show...I guess I'm trying to say that the "moves" make the show so much more...palpable, for lack of a better word.
/Sarge

Archived