Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Industry standard rack tuner?

SF audio

I want a good one, that you can keep plugged in at the beginning of your chain and it doesn't affect the tone. Is there a rack tuner that's considered the standard and you can't go wrong?

thanks

The thoughts expressed in this post are the opinions of SF audio and MAY be used or misquoted anywhere you want, either in print,on the internet, or on the bathroom walls....

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Peterson 450R would be the rack-mounted tuner that I see in most traveling guitar tech's rigs.

I had one, I moved to a Sabine 7100. I'd say that in the single rack space models, Korg is the most popular, but I liked the Sabine better.

But I recently bought a Peterson StroboStomp footpedal. Pretty cool.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Both of those are good rack tuners. The Korg DTR-2000 and the Peterson 490R are also a pretty good tuners.

The 490R does away with the vernier knob on the R450 so the only moving part is the strobe disc. There are a lot more buttons, though. It's accurate to within 1/10 of 1 cent and never needs recalibration.

If you need a good stompbox tuner the Peterson Strobostomp is hard to beat.

Born on the Bayou

Archived