Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

altered tuning accessories?

shackleford

I am looking for a good floor FX processor that will change tuning with a stomp of the foot. I recall once seeing a device that would change tuning from standard to open G, for example, and even mute the 6th string a la Keith Richards. This was possiby a Roland product.

Ideally I want to find one processor that has lots of effects, amp models, crybaby-type pedal and tuner, but most important, allows very fast switching from standard to open E and G, so I could play a gig without dragging three guitars to the club. The altered tuning function is most important, but ideally the effects/models would sound really good and tube-y, not the harsh digital crap sound of a ZOOM pedal I once bought (and promptly exchanged for a Tube Screamer and Crybaby).

Does anyone know what products do all these things?

Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Roland VG88 is good in that function and is a good sounding unit, generally, it should be much cheaper now as used....it has a lot of other nice features and sounds, very useful. It uses an hexaphonic pickup (GK2a or similar...).

I have it, don't use it too much, but it can save your life in some situations.

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

Thanks for the info. I'm also wondering, does the Vox ToneLab SE processor have the alternate-tunings function? I saw a demo of that at a NAMM show and it sounded pretty great. It seems to do just about everything else too, and is about $200 less than the Roland VG-88.

Thanks

I think that your only other realistic option would be a Line 6 Variax modeling guitar. If you want to use an existing guitar (with a hex-pickup), the Roland unit is your only realistic option, as far as I know.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by ellwood:

Try one if you are playing with a keyboard player, horn or harmonica players! they just DON'T work well, if it is the keyboardists eqipment that is the problem or not dont count on using aternative automatic retuning on guitar and having it be useable with any keyboard...FACT.

damn...I didn't understand what's your point LOL...

it's not MIDI stuff but guitar modelling that happens in VG88...but maybe I'm tired and missed the point...anyway VG88 is perfect for that thing.

Guess the Amp

.... now it's finished...

Here it is!

Originally posted by EmptinessOFYouth:

dont they have that computerized les paul or whatever, little built in lcd screen where you can just choose what you want and the computer changes everything? i swear i saw a post on it here...probably too expensive but sounds cool

Yeah, that's the TransPerformance system, and it can be put in Teles, Strats, and Les Paul Specials and Juniors, as well as Les Pauls. But it actually changes the pitch of the strings mechanically, and is VERY expensive!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived