Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT Transposing Software

BluesKeys

Hi, folks it's my first post here in the guitar forum. I am a piano player (KBcorner who is interested using the transposing software such as Sibelius G7 or Finale Guitar to transpose notation as well as a way to learn more guitar chords. Plus it is much cheaper than Finale 2005 or Sibelius 4.

Can anyone give me an idea which would be better or if there is another maybe shareware program that would work?

I like the idea of scanning into the G7 program. Does anyone do this with success? I understand you have a lot of mistakes to clean up with scan programs.

I promise no jokes about charts and guitar players.

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i applaud any piano player that takes writing for guitar seriously. after years of trying to read chord sheets in jazz band written by pianists, it would be refreshing to see one that realizes we only have four fingers to work with :D

unfortunately i don't really need those automation features your probably interested in (chords/tab/whatnot), so i can't really comment with any insight.

i have used finale to "auto tablature" for my students, and let me tell you - it is horribly inaccurate.

so, um, this post is worthless ~ but good luck to you!

*Everybody* I know that has tried both the Sibelius products and the Finale products ALWAYS prefer Sibelius. Apparently Sibelius is more intuitive and you get to think like a musician. This is from people who pay their mortgage through music.

I've got a copy of the Finale 2004, (education license, wife is a teacher), and I HATE it. It should not be quicker to work with pen and paper, but sometimes it is.

The full Sibelius will be my next software purchase. As long as I keep the Finale on my machine, I can pay a bit less and get the "competitive upgrade" pricing.

Peace,

Paul

Peace,

Paul

----------------------

Well, interesting the comments I hear about Finale verses Sibelius. Everybody says the same thing "Buy Sibelius".

I am amazed no one here has the G7 though. It is relativaly in expensive and it seems like it will not only scan, change keys but also print in guitar tab and full piano/voice lead sheets. I mean I don't work with other piano players. It's guitar, bass and an occasional drummer. I only need lead sheets for myself and a singer mostly but it would be nice to have a book available for guitar and bass. And this seems like a cheaper way to go than the full blown version.

SOMEONE WITH SIBELIUS G7 HELP :freak:

I'll buy you a beer. :thu:

Jimmy

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho

NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT

www.steveowensandsummertime.com

www.jimmyweaver.com

Archived