Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

ha ha, we made it!

Guitarzan

i was at the local used book/cd store and i was looking for some cds. my youngest son says "dad i found your band!"

2 years ago our singer had the desire to do a "concept" cd (i use the term loosely).

it had 6 songs and a spoken storyline between songs.

i thought it was rather dorky, but played my parts anyway. we sold a few and it was kind of funny to find it in a used cd store. they had 2 copies.

success! we have broken the all elusive used CD market! :D:rolleyes:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you buy both copies? Or leave 'em there 'for the little people'? ;) Ya big stah! :thu:

Actually, I'd like to hear that one, 'Zan! Sounds like good fun at the very least!

When I was a kid, a couple of friends and myself had a little project we called "Tone Deaf" and our genre was dubbed "Free-form Improvisational Hardcore Fusion" (think so-bad-it-hurts-but-it's-funny noise/punk/art/noise theme for a nauseous nosebleed music did I mention the noise part?)... :D

My "band name" was "Napolean Bent", and besides bludgeoning a Peavy T-15 through a Big Muff Pi and an Arion flanger, I also did bad things with a tiny Casio micro-keyboard that had buttons sticking out of holes in a keyboard decal instead of keys!

We made a wretchedly bad tape that had me laughing uncontrollably every time, I mean sides-hurting, sore-throat, falling off my chair spasms... Man, those are good times! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

man, i don't know if i am ready to expose the "Atherton" experience.

basically i joined an exsisting band. the singer was (at the time) pretty much in control. he used all his friends for most of the things we needed including recording. it was rushed, poorly mastered and prewritten. the dialog in between songs is very corny.

wizard and dragon stuff, but not very convincing. maybe i am overly critical.

i have a few Cd's and i could always give some away.

if i could get everyone to crack out a bong it may make the listening experience better :D

i have some issues with how it went. i didn't have much say. it isn't that terrible but i know it could have been better. 50% of the guitar tones were boss GT6 and digitech RP14d.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

"...if i could get everyone to crack out a bong it may make the listening experience better" :D

Uhmn, no paraphernalia or substances required here, my altered-state comes built-in OEM, thanks! ;):D

I would love to hear it anyways; if I still had a copy of the Tone Deaf tape, I'd trade...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

HA! That's pretty wild! :D Somewhere amongst all my cassettes, I have a tape of about 4 tunes that me and my friends recorded in a basement around 1987. It wasn't a fancy recording job, although my friend who did the recording is now a recording engineer. But it doesn't sound too bad at all, for a bunch of kids. Anyways, I listen to it from time to time. And to be quite honest, they contain some pretty catchy riffs that may even fit in w/ today's crowd.

Yeah, we had some "timing" issues, the vocals weren't the greatest, it wasn't mixed down- it was just an "open mic", but man was it fun and still rocks, IMO.

If any of you have any equipment where you may be able to polish it up, let me know and I'd be more than happy to record a copy to a cassette.

I'd love to hear what it would sound like polished up a bit, then re-work it some. :wave:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

quote:
Originally posted by Darklava:

Break it out dude we wanna hear it :wave:

Even then, how would I go from a cassette to a PC?

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

i didn't see BiC's post and i thought he may have assumed my "braveness" comment was about him. sorry BiC. i was refering to myself when i said that.

all i did L was download the pic and then change one letter in "paint", seeing i have no cool pic editors.

then it was back to the old photobucket.

Archived