Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

THE "CLASSICS" TOUR

BiC

Yeah, I'm on a roll today... :P

Hey, have you ever wished that one of your favorite artists would launch a "classics" tour?

Me for example, a Metallica tour where they only play songs from Master of Puppets and earlier instead of "shortened" versions of the classics on a regular tour. Gosh, for once, I'd LOVE to hear MOP in its entirety!

A pre-1984 VH classics tour would be great too! :thu:

What band is it for you?

God Bless :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a good idea about Metallica and Van Halen. Much prefer the earlier stuff.

I saw Queensryche once and they did the whole Operation Mindcrime album album before their (at that time) newer stuff. Whoever they had doing the PA was great.You could actually hear each instrument clearly. Too many rock bands turn it up so loud you can't tell what's going on...

As for now, I've never seen Aerosmith and probably won't because they'd probably insist on playing alot of the newer stuff. Don't care for it.

BTW,I notice you like the heavy stuff. One band you need to see live (if they're still together) is Ministry. Their shows make Metallica sound like a bunch of sissies.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Yes, I definitely like the heavy stuff. Still surprised that I do with my age and all. :D

I've never seen Ministry, but I believe I had their CD once. Nowadays, I'm more into heavy Christian rock than anything. Some favs are:

- Demon Hunter

- Kutless (not that heavy, but they still rock!)

- Staple

- Blindside

Just to name a few.

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Want to hear something really weird? I've always wanted to go to a Neil Diamond concert and hear all his old stuff (of course, all his stuff is old now). :freak:

If any of you ever bring up that I said this I will deny every word.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

While there are always "classics" or personal favorites from the back catalogs, I don't think I'd want an "all classics" concert, per se. Artists shouldn't have to live in the past, especially if they've made current albums of which they are proud (whether or not they were popular or financially successful). They grow; and sometimes their audiences grows with them. That said, if they CHOSE on their own do do something like that, then fine. 2 examples:

When I went to see Jethro Tull many moons ago, they had just put out a great album (Crest of a Knave). What happened? They pretty much played the whole "Aqualung" album, with a few others thrown in for effect. Hardly anything from the latest album. Isn't that what they are trying to promote by touring? While still a great show, I would have prefered to hear more newer material.

(aren't they the ones who talk about "Living In The Past"?)

Marillion did a special concert where they did their whole "Brave" concept album. It was billed as such; and they had encores of other material. That was great, and you knew it going in.

Just last month, I saw Caedmon's Call. Billed as the "Share The Well Tour" (STW is their latest release, and probably my favorite). They only did 3 songs from that album (they didn't even do the single!) Nothing against the old material; but I like hearing the new stuff.

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

It's always exciting when RUSH promo's a show by announcing that they will play "2112....in its entirety". To a RUSH fan, there are no greater 4 words in the English Language. Unfortunately, I'm not a big enough RUSH fan to get that excited about "2112....in its entirety).

I'm not sure I'd like to see a current concert where the artist revisits a long ago period. I think it's more likely that there are concerts I wish I could have gone to "back in the day".

I wish I had seen:

Queen at Live Aid (available on DVD)

SRV at The El Mocambo (available on DVD)

The Quintet at Massey Hall (available on CD)

The first public performance of "Rhapsody in Blue"

the first public performance of Holst's "The Planets"

The last performance of The Guess Who w/ Randy Bachman at The Fillmore, the night he quit/was fired.

The Last Waltz (available on DVD)

Downchild Blues Band when Jane Vassey was still alive.

Peace,

Paul

Peace,

Paul

----------------------

Originally posted by rockincyanblues:

I wish I had seen:

The Last Waltz (available on DVD)

Hey yeah... did anyone here go to the actual concert?

I wonder what it would have been like?

Did the various artists play more than one song? Did they spend a lot of time changing acts? I'd love to hear about it! :)

Originally posted by Vince C.:

Originally posted by ellwood:

I wish The FREE would put together a return classic world tour. If they could be Paul Rogers back for it!! :D:thu:

And from what I hear, getting Kosoff to rejoin Free is a bit of a bugger. ;)
Ya, another drug death. Anyway all ya need is Paul, Simon, Mic Ralphs and bass

Archived