Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

An Incredible Birthday

Guitar55

So I admit it...I turned 50 last week. To celebrate, my wife threw the best party ever. We had about 100 people in a gorgeous room (my brother called it "the Rolls Royce of firehouses"), the food was incredible (filet mignon, raw bar, antipasto, pasta, great desserts).

My band played two sets and in between we brought up a lot of friends to jam on several tunes. Everyone had a great time.

My friends and family were very generous, enabling me to finally acquire a Line 6 POD XT Live and a Mesa Boogie Lonestar Classic! I should be getting both in a week or two. :-)

The other very cool thing was that about a dozen years ago, I sold an Ampeg Reverborocket 2 to a very close friend of mine. Well, at the party he gave it back to me (after he had the speaker reconed and detailed the amp). Take a look:

http://www.jobonanno.com/stuff/Ampeg1.jpg

Not bad, eh? I'm a pretty lucky guy.

Dennis

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is totally mint! I've owned few of them over the years and basically just turned them up full and blasted away. What a great amp with very cool inherent compression. This one is probably going to take up permanent residence in my basement office, however. I may be tempted to take it out for some small Blues gigs, but for my main band I need something with a lot more clean headroom. That's why I'm looking forward to the Lonestar!

Originally posted by Guitar55:

I turned 50 last week.

Dennis

Happy belated birthday, Dennis! That was a very nice present. I've always like Ampeg amps. If that one sounds half as good as it looks then it's got to be a real sweetheart. :D:thu:

50 seems just around the corner for me. I'll be 48 in March. Seems like a couple of weeks ago, I was turning 40. Man, where does the time go?

Anyhow, many happy returns. :D

Born on the Bayou

Happy Birthday! I have my 36th tomorrow. Just started taking guitar lessons 10 weeks ago. That gives me 14 years of playin' by the time I'm 50....which seems younger and younger the older I get. That's what so cool about music.....you can just about play it forever.

Sounds like you had a wonderful party. It'll be a lasting memory for you, I'm sure. Here's to another 50 years!

Experienced drummer (playing since 1980), newbie guitarist with an Ibanez Jet King II (no effects yet) and an old Alamo tube amp.

Happy Birthday! :wave: Sounds like you had a blast. Plus, that amp looks really great! What a cool friend you have there! :cool:

God Bless :)

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Archived