Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Long live Greg Howe!!!

Lynksys

Hello,

I just received the Japanese DVD of the Gentle Hearts tour with GREG HOWE and this guy is just one of the great players of our time.What a breathetaking guitarist!

PLEASE GUITAR PLAYER , COULD YOU DO A COVER STORY ON GREG HOWE...THIS IS WAY OVERDUE!!

Check his Web Site and watch the clips in the multimedia section.

www.greghowe.com

Thanks!

:) ))

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Howe is a true innovator in his ability to combine true shred metal with the fusion stuff

Very inspirational player

I like his fusion stuff more

That Gentle Hearts, I heard one cut and was blown away

Another Cat is Chris Poland, but he is less shred, but still metallic

Richie Kotzen, too

It was pretty funny this evening

At the end of lessons, I break out the laptop and show the students Greg Howe footage and their jaws drop

One kid asked me tonight

"Are you that Good"

I was like "let me think about that for a s . . - NO !!

Another thing that's cool about the footage is how everyone in the band is dressed up, but Greg looks like he's ready to hang at the beach.

No frontin' with that man, he's come to play

It's amazing how he and Dennis Chambers are wailing like nobody in the world can, but look so relaxed.

The whole DVD is amazing!!!!You OUGHT to order it from Amazon.jp.

It is sad that it is not yet available in the States.

I am amazed also at how Greg's rig is so simple and basic...

Marshall JCM200

BossMe-5

ESP guitars

This is it , and he sounds like a God.

After a few seconds into the show/documentary...you totally forget the shredder image that has stuck to him since the '80s and you discover a truly world-class musician , real articulate both in his music/soloing and when he talks.

America's best kept secret???

Well , I've personally been in the business for the last 26 years or so and I have to tell you , he is up there with the crème de la crème.

Greg , if you're reading this...I AM SPREADING THE NEWS... ;)

www.greghowe.com

I emailed him and left him this link and the one in the editors forum and told him that we're hyping him up for a cover story

MartQ, could you do the same and leave him the linx, too ?

His email is on his website

Although the JCM 2000 is durable and a guaranteed good tone w/ clean power on the road, I think he can do better than that

My only crticism is that the saturation does seem a bit unnatural at times

There are some killer handwired, boutique amps that surpass the JCM and whcih could suit his style

Thank you so much Caputo!!!!!

That makes my day...really!!!!!

Ok, I will email him the link in the next few minutes but I did email him a couple of times through his website and never got an answer.

I'll do it again...let's see what happens.

Thank you again for this!!

I think my favorite Greg Howe album is still his debut. It has a nice raw edge to it that I like...plus having Billy Sheehan and Atma Anur as a rhythm section sure helps! The only thing that bothered me about some of his albums is the drum machine he would use. I would have much preferred to hear a smokin' drummer jamming on those tracks. Maybe that is why I like the first album so much. But, he is a smokin' player!!

www.sadites.com/music.htm

Jason Sadites

www.sadites.com

New CD 'WEVE' available now! Featuring performances by: Tony Levin, Kenny Aronoff, Marco Minnemann, Brett Garsed, Gregg and Matt Bissonette, Chad Wackerman and more!

Yeah you know, you are right....I haven't listened to a lot of his newest stuff...I was referring to 'Five' and 'Uncertain Terms'.....the drum machine bugs me. I guess I should pick up some of his new stuff. I didn't mean to take away from his playing....it is always fantastic!

Jay

Jason Sadites

www.sadites.com

New CD 'WEVE' available now! Featuring performances by: Tony Levin, Kenny Aronoff, Marco Minnemann, Brett Garsed, Gregg and Matt Bissonette, Chad Wackerman and more!

• 2 months later...

Aaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

Didn't I tell ya???

I'm happy for you Caputo...funny enough, when I received email notification that you had posted a reply in the thread,that very DVD was playing in the background!

Now,we HAVE to spread the news...

I think our hopes of seeing Greg on the cover of GP are down the drain but word of mouth is the best weapon in the world!!!

His official web site says that he will be putting out a new CD with Dave Weckl...I can't wait...and if we're lucky enough,we'll see him on tour pretty soon.

I've already started to bug the Montreal Jazz Fest about him,hopefully they'll buy the gig for this summer!!!

Dennis Chambers...isn't he the sweetest guy?Funny as hell too.

The keyboard player and the bass player are no beginners as well!!!

Happy Holidays to you.. ;) ))))

For all Greg Howe fans out there who wish to help him out, you can send an email asking (bugging) the Montreal Jazz Festival and the Montreux Jazz Fest to put him on their programmation at the following addresses.

programmation_jazz@equipespectra.ca

Here's the address for the Montreux Jazz Fest

info@montreuxjazz.com

Thanks!!!

Archived