Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Top 5: Current Live Bands

Funk Jazz

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Havn't seen them but love what I've heard of Sister Hazel's live album. Same with Third Day. Jeremy Camp put on a great concert. The Blue Man Group for shear wonderment.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Until and including Halloween 2005:

1. Rocket From the Crypt

1. Local H

3. Audioslave

4. These Arms Are Snakes (think Mike Patton fronting The Jesus Lizard)

5. The Roots

After Halloween 2005:

1. Local H

2. Audioslave

3. These Arms Are Snakes

4. The Roots

5. Gogol Bordello (Gypsy Punk)

Marillion

Yes

Caedmon's Call

Jars of Clay

Switchfoot

And I'll concur with Caprae that Third Day and Jeremy Camp (w/Randy Williams on guitar) do put on great live shows.

I've never seen Dream Theater or Spocks Beard live, but hope to do so sometime this decade. Actually, there's a lot of bands/artists that fit that bill...

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

Originally posted by LeftyBlues:

1) The Rolling Stones

Or as they were known when I was in high school:

The Rolling Stoned

And what my son called them last week:

The Rolling Bones

I thought the last one was both funny and rather appropriate given how skeletal both Mick and Keef look these days. Neither should wear spandex.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Virtual Jim:

Until and including Halloween 2005:

1. Rocket From the Crypt

Rocket From The Crypt is a great band and i cannot believe they are calling it quits. They never get any recognition for the great music thye have put out over the last 16 years.

Originally posted by Vince C.:

Originally posted by Noodlesbad:

5. Spencer P. Jones;

Wow, I hadn't thought about him in years. :D

I've never seen him solo but he was in a sort of Australian cowboy thrash band called The Johnnies, and they were pretty good.

I have their first album and like it quite a bit, but his three solo albums on Spooky Records are really awesome (his first solo album is also pretty good). I also really like his work with The Beasts of Bourbon.

Psychedelic Breakfast, or I guess they're just called The Breakfast now.

I don't have a list of 5 as I just don't get out that much anymore. :cry:

Funk Philharmonic kick a lotta ass.

I used to see Joe Tiano like weekly and got a lot of inspiration from him.

BB and the Stingers, well "BB" is shocking on guitar.

Anyway, except for The Breakfast, or the Philharmonic those are local guys I dig.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

I haven't seen Junior Brown live either. When he used to play around here I didn't know who he was. I did see him on Austin City Limits and it was an awesome musical display plus just enough shtick to make it entertaining as hell.

I have only seen the Stones once in 1983. It was great show. If you haven't seen them live, you owe it to yourself to see them at least once. I doubt I would see them again though, I just hate the huge arena shows. I have never liked big crowds and it is a pain to get to and from these events. Now if I could see them in a club setting, I would be very happy indeed. Seeing the big touring bands these days is almost like seeing them on TV. You really don't feel like you are part of something. I want to see the guitar players hands and hear his amp, not a video screen with a huge delay from half a mile away till the sound gets to me.

With returning from being in England these past 3 years, and now being deployed, it's been a while since I've been to a concert. I believe some of the last concerts I've been to, and in which I was stage hand/security were:

- Third Day

- Newsboys

- Big Tent Revival

- Clay Cross & Jaci Valesquez

I would have to say out of those, Third Day really rocked, followed very closely by BTR, who have since disbanded on good terms.

God Bless :thu:

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

BTW, When I saw The Scorpions on VH Monster's Of Rock tour back in '88, I was really impressed with their live sound! That was the one and only time I ever caught the Scorps live. Has anyone seen them lately, and do they still rock live?

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Archived