Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what amp do you play?

muzakal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AMP AMP AMP - I play a loud amp. My Amp is simply this. I play throunh an old MosValve 80w per stereo channel. That provides only power. Then I use Line6 PODxt PRO (with chip upgrades)I like the amp profiling abilities. Then for my Coupe-de-gras I pump it out to a 4x12 OLD OLD Marshall Half Stack and ... and two Peavy 1x12 in a mixed configuration (i.e. 2 marshall speakers and one peavy (yes 3 speakers) per side.) This sounds sooo good. And for recording I get the warmth of the Peavy, the Power of the sick crunch of the Marshall and stereo effects that really leave you saying "wow what great stereo effects" I mic up the Peavys with SM57's and have two overhead mics picking up the rear and the front of the Marshall. I'm telling ya... I like it!

I play a Randall Pro Tube 1000, built ca. 1988. 60w, 1x12 combo. The clean channel is what Fender amps wish they were; the distortion channel has a sweepable mid to tweak it to raging bliss. Matched up w/either my Tele or my Joe Pass it's just all the amp I've ever wanted. I paid 100 bucks for it about three months ago.

Originally posted by WaterTiger:

AMP AMP AMP - I play a loud amp. My Amp is simply this. I play throunh an old MosValve 80w per stereo channel. !

Re on the Mos Valve 80 W

Still got mine !!

I plan on using it for when I dummy load a Plexi or a reasonable facsimile of such thereof . . .

(Deafeningly) some of the cleanest power

Son, the rest of your rig sounds like a killa !

(God this is embarrassing! :o )

A SS, Fender Power Chorus. I run the stereo effects loop through both channels of an active EQ left behind from a pair of Bose Panarray 401's. It's a 2x12 combo, about identical dimensions of a Fender Twin.

It's great clean, but I really want to find an affordable 5 - 15 watt tube amp, a la a Gibson GA-15RV or Reverend Goblin.

Somewhere in the garage is a near defunct, Peavey Pacer. :rolleyes: (Oh, brother! :o )

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Red Knob Fender "Evil Twin" for gigging, Peavy ? (1x12) for practice with the band. At home I use a Fender Bullet, or Danelectro Honeytone for learning tunes.

Also have an old Silvertone 2x12 and a Lap steel amp stashed in the closet that have not been turned on in forever. I should dust em off one of these dark winter nights............

Once I thought I saw you, in a crowded, hazy, bar........

I play through Traynor amps.

A 1975 vintage Mark 3 with a 412 cabinet.

A 2004 Pete Traynor signed YCV40W with a 112 extension cabinet.

Both amps rock...though in the studio, I mostly use the YCV40...and run it with just the closed-back extension cab...disconecting the combo speaker.

But sometimes I will play through the Mark 3 using a THD HotPlate...and I can get some unbelievable power tube crunch!

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

Mesa Boogie Nomad 55. My first amp. I won't let it go. Totally vintage tube sound as clean as you want or as much crunch as you can stand. It came with a footswitch for three channels (although there are six) and has great classic spring reverb. Fun amp.

I use a Roland Cube 15 as a travel practice amp. Nice little practice amp. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase a bigger Roland as a main amp if there were no more Mesa Boogies in the entire universe.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Ibanez Toneblaster 25R for my Fender Strat, and Ibanez IBZ10 acoustic amp for my Ibanez V70CE-NT. As small as these amps are, they are actually quite loud, and they both sound good.

Robert J. ("Bob") Welch III

"If you were the only person who ever lived, God still would have sent Jesus His only Son to die on the cross for YOU, because that is how much HE LOVES YOU!"

Originally posted by muzakal:

marshall tsl-601 for me... 3 channels of pure bliss, what more do you need?

Some of these ....

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/DSCF00022.JPG

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/DSCF00012.JPG

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/DSCF00032.JPG

and more

but my favorite is the red Z Carmen Ghia in the pile here:

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/090204-Z4.jpg

and an amp of my own design here:

http://www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com/images/pierson-rose.jpg

Myles S. Rose

www.guitaramplifierblueprinting.com

www.la-economy.blogspot.com

www.facebook.com/mylesr

www.twitter.com/myles111us

IF I'm not just kicking around home or recording I go to my Rivera 55W knucklehead head into 2 12" slant cab, or my Rivera 55W 2 12" Fandango combo, depending on if I want reverb or not.

If I'm just kicking around at home I usually use the Fender Blues Jr. Brian May Vox amp or the Ampeg Jet are less frequent but still options.

To record, anything and everything. This winter I hope to get a lot of recording done.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Peavy Bandit 112:its loud....it sounds great.....AND its easy to move.

I also have an ooooooooooooold Yamaha JX20 tube amp that i use for shits and giggles. Its a great sounding amp just didnt have the volume i need (i mainly play metalcore). Now i use it for a light overdrive when i'm in the mood (great for rockabilly/psychobilly...would be better if it had mnore than one channel though). I used to use it with a metal zone but when i turned it up for practice the amps natural overdrive coupled with the pedal's distoriton just produced a big jar of ugly....plus then i got the bandit and its distortion sounds better than the metal zone anyway IMO.

peace

Originally posted by ellwood:

Originally posted by jonnbee@springmail.com:

'82 Mesa Boogie Mark IIb w/ 12" Electrovoice SRO spkr

'63 Fender Bassman head built into a cab w/ 12" Electrovoice SRO spkr

Ya SRO,s holy crap I had two SRO 12 inch in a Fender Twin man was that thing LOUD!! these where the old white ones!!
yep these are the white ones as well and heavy as hell. if you had two in a twin, i hope you had a good chiropractor. :D
Those who can,do. Those who cannot, usually run the monitor mix.

Archived