Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

what amp do you play?

muzakal

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
'53 Gibson Recording amp in a Fender cab with a Fender 12" speaker. It originally came with a 15" in a bulkier cab. It sings, it screams, it gives much joy. I have others, but they're too big for the rooms I currently play in. All fx are outboard, no fx loop, as it predates them.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

hey guitar55 good luck with the lonestar classic, imo the clean channel on that amp is the best you'll find. i couldnt get any satisfactory crunch sounds to suit my needs so i went with the tsl-601
yeah... but these go to eleven!

I've shown pictures of the "Wall 'O Amps" before. It's okay, but nothing compared to Miles' collection. But what I -play- these days is the THD UniValve or the Reverend Goblin.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Originally posted by muzakal:

hey guitar55 good luck with the lonestar classic, imo the clean channel on that amp is the best you'll find. i couldnt get any satisfactory crunch sounds to suit my needs so i went with the tsl-601

I plan to put a pedal in front of it. Thanks!

For acoustic, or real clean stuff; a mid 1980's Roland Jazz Chorus 55W, 2 x 10 :cool:

For "Classic Rock"; a 1993 Randall Tube Pro II, 50W, 1 x 12 :thu: Not "Classic", but it has A/B Channels, Reverb, Prescence, EFX Loop, Circuit Breaker instead of Fuse, 1/3 Power Switch (still MORE than enough), and can use EL34 or 6L6 power tubes (bias switched). All the bells and whistles (and volume) I'll ever need :D

Gotta' geetar... got the amp. There must be SOMEthing else I... "need".

AER Compact 60 for acoustic/jazz

Fender Redknob Twin with Mojotone speakers (mr. versatile)

Budda Stringmaster 2x10 in a Sultone cab, WeberVST speakers (currently on the injured reserve list)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v300/funk_jazz/Stringmaster.jpg

Originally posted by Dead Man's Shoes:

Marshall TSL-122.

It's loud, heavy and versatile.

I'll second that.

When I'm playing a solo gig, if I use electric at all...I'll run a POD v.2.0 straight into the board. But, for band stuff, it's the TSL-122

"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

My primary rig is a Rivera Knucklehead Reverb 100 into a Marshall 1960 cab. It's extemely versatile - everything from shimmery cleans to screaming distortion and it all sounds great.

I also run a Hiwatt DR103 loaded with Mullards (sweet, sweet tones :) ), and most recently, Reverends Goblin and Kingsnake.

I used to use a rack mount system with a 300 watt Carver power amp, Quadraverb, and a Marshall 9001. Yech. :( That's when I was young and stupid though ;) At least I can still use the power amp and Quadraverb for the studio...

It's not simple to be simple.

-H. Matisse

Ross Precision Guitars

1970 Twin w/Blackface Mod

Jump both channels w/ TC Electronics Chorus

Yellow Jackets w/ EL 84's so it runs @ 40W Class A

Sometimes I pull the outside 2 out for 20W Class A

Also pulled the back off and put 3/4 Birch Plywood to close the back off for more definition when doing powerchords

Distorted w/ NADY TD-1 for rhythm crunch

Bad Cat 2 Tone for clean boost and semi dirty stuff

I WANT THE TWO ROCK EMERALD BADLY !!!!!!!!!

for the clean and semi dirty

And then i want to A/B into a Plexi type amp w/ the variac and dummy load for the intense stuff

I recently bought a Bose Pas and that is now my main amp.

Bass sounds incredible with 2 subs, and my guitars sound present and clear and clean with plenty of volume. The preset EQ setting on the inputs make a lot of difference in the sound.

I'm trying to think but nuthin' happens....

Archived