Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

you have the power

Guitarzan

i give you each a gift of..the Genre bomb.

with this bomb you can wipe out a whole genre of music. be it Punk, metal, jazz, country, blues, pop, techno etc.

now are you going to use this power?

what is your target?

now if you have used it i welcome the other posters to decide if you have affected any other types of music as a result.

whatcha gonna do?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i believe that every genre gives something to the other types of music. indirectly. by destroying something we would cut off the growth of other genres. even if we hate something i think it sometimes can have a positive influence that isn't always obvious at first.

That's weird you should come up with that, Zan. I was just thinking about that yesterday. The only one I would come close to zapping would be "rap". But even that has followers because they like it. I might not like it but they do. I don't think anyone has a right to tell someone else they can't listen to what they want to.

There is another aspect to this question, though. The only problem I have with today's music is that it is played at VERY high volume. Especially in cars. I have had to turn up the TV in my house just to hear it when one of these idiots rides by with his car stereo booming away (bass is all you can hear). If I could do away with that, I would do it in a heartbeat. They have a right to listen to whatever they want. They DON'T have a right to impose it on me.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

Ellwood you just destroyed my right arm!!!!! :mad::D

not to mention the disco era would have lasted longer. and there would be a big change in modern metal. eg: no megadeth or metallica, etc

I thought that came from Zep, Deep Purple, Who etc. I thought Grung came from Punk? and that would be of for Grung to go away.

Well, I wouldn't want to completely and permanently wipe out any genre of music.

However......If the bomb could be altered so that it would make it so that I personally never had to listen to a particular genre again, then I would definitely use it...on rap. Some people might say that I don't have to ever listen to it again anyway...even without a genre bomb....but that's not true. I'm constanly pulling up next to cars with rap "music" blaring at 15 or 20 decibels above ear-splitting...thereby FORCING me to listen to noise that I personally find irritating. I always look at the occupants hoping against hope to see a little trickle of blood oozing from their ears, but it never seems to happen....it seems it's more likely to make MY ears bleed from 50 feet away. If this were a just world, it would be perfectly legal for me to walk up to their car and shoot their stereo....but there is no justice. These inconsiderate jerks just continue to blare this noise.......well, maybe there will be justice one day after all...when they're 40 and wearing hearing aids in both ears......

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

I know it's not a genre but how about DJs? I would guesstimate that every gig a single DJ takes puts 4 to 5 musicians out of work. This has been a major factor in the decline of live music in my area. It's to the point that I want to puke at every party I attend where a DJ is performing. DJ music has become old in my book an reeks of loud, plastic music.

Originally posted by Lancer:

I know it's not a genre but how about DJs? I would guesstimate that every gig a single DJ takes puts 4 to 5 musicians out of work. This has been a major factor in the decline of live music in my area. It's to the point that I want to puke at every party I attend where a DJ is performing. DJ music has become old in my book an reeks of loud, plastic music.

Man do you have that exactly RIGHT!!! :thu:

Amen, brother....

"And so I definitely, when I have a daughter, I have a lot of good advice for her."

~Paris Hilton

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAAA!!!

Before I got married, the only thing I insisted was that we have a live band. I didn't care about doiles, flowers, or anything else except a live, excellent band.

We got one. They costed nearly $4000.00 and were worth every penny.

good one right there...

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

i believe that every genre gives something to the other types of music. indirectly. by destroying something we would cut off the growth of other genres. even if we hate something i think it sometimes can have a positive influence that isn't always obvious at first.

Ok... I see how this works. So, being an obsessive brownie point gatherer, I'll say "not only do I not want any music to be cancelled from the face of the Earth, 'Zan, I want everyone to grow talented and prosper!" (and I'm typing this with a straight face. Sort of)

Actually, last night I was stuck in the car with my wife and her new George Michael "greatest hits" compilation. Even though I explained to her that guys in other cars would point to me and say "that guy is a fag" she went on and played CD #2 anyway. That was like from the 1990s to the present.

And the worst thing about George Michael's music was that there was nothing you could say about it. Maybe it was our cheap car stereo or something but song after song just went in one ear and out the other. I couldn't even hate it, it was so blah.

At least if it had been rap I could have jumped up and down inside the car to try to recreate the "bouncy car" thing, and she would have taken the CD off after about a city block. :D Pity she doesn't like rap and I was stuck with George Michael and his tinny canned shit.

Hippity-Hop ©rap!!! :P:freak::P

You mind! I don't want that kind of

talk in my home, even in the root

cellar. This is a Christian house,

boy, none of that hippity-hop language.

-- "The Lady Killers"

:D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

Hippity-Hop ©rap!!! :P:freak::P

You mind! I don't want that kind of

talk in my home, even in the root

cellar. This is a Christian house,

boy, none of that hippity-hop language.

-- "The Lady Killers"

:D

"Treat your wife with honor, respect, and understanding as you live together so that you can pray effectively as husband and wife." 1 Peter 3:7

The sonic equivalent of a temporal paradox.

Welcome to the 24th century.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Archived