Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is it about Nashville?

Kramer Ferrington III.

Hey former Nashville guitplayer checkin in.....

I can honestly say that after years of studying the guitar....Nashville is where I actually LEARNED to play guitar.

How could I miss? Shake any tree and 25 guitar players fall out, and ALL of them are "3 chords and a cloud of DUST"

Gwen

"Sometimes it's easier to buy gear than to practice..."

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Plenty of good guitar players in Nashville.Not a single decent radio station.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Whenever critics discuss either Dylan's "Nashville Skyline" or The Byrds' "Sweetheart of the Rodeo", there's always this implied tone of "and then they got SERIOUS about music and recorded in Nashville".

I suspect the implied tone you picked up was because both albums were basically country in style. If they were really gonna make a serious country record, Nashville would be the place to go.

Now, I wouldn't recommend that you go to Nashville if you wanted to make a thrash or punk album, although I am sure you could make one there if you wanted to, and probably agood one at that. But Nashville is famous for country music. That is probably why the thing you picked up on was there with the two albums you mentioned.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Originally posted by Haga:

You have to be kidding..

There are plenty of country stations catering, quite literally, to everything under the sun. Jerry House is hilarious on WSIX.

The local rock stations are pretty good, though not really my style.

We've had "JackFM" almost a year and, despite the fact it's a corporate concept, I find a lot of good music to listen to.

Nashville Public Radio is great. All the best of National Public Radio plus decent local hosts and programming.

There's a lot more, too, that I have no interest in. Rap, alt rock, christian, jazz, talk radio...

What makes you say there isn't a decent radio station here? What do you consider a decent radio station?

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

You have to be kidding..

There are plenty of country stations catering, quite literally, to everything under the sun. Jerry House is hilarious on WSIX.

We've had "JackFM" almost a year and, despite the fact it's a corporate concept, I find a lot of good music to listen to.

Nashville Public Radio is great. All the best of National Public Radio plus decent local hosts and programming.

There's a lot more, too, that I have no interest in. Rap, alt rock, christian, jazz, talk radio...

What makes you say there isn't a decent radio station here? What do you consider a decent radio station?

Has the AM band there been taken over by Ranchero, yet? It seems like half the AM stations you can get here in Atlanta are Ranchero (or worse, Mariachi).

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

You have to be kidding..

None of those stations are even halfway decent.

quote:Originally posted by mdrs:

It's pure B.S., and obvioulsy inaccurate. I suspect it is posted for effect, not for accuracy.

John Petrucci > Johnny Winter

The Edge > Ted Nugent

Guitar One Mag > Guitarplayer

Slash > Carlton

Archived