Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

eddie van halen

eric6998

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last picture I seen of him he was at WBA game with

some hot blonde,looks like he was doing just fine.

Spending a lot of time with wolfie and working

on a new Wolfgang type guitar.Next music we hear

might be with wolfie.

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

I saw him here in Detroit this past summer and he looked great ..got some FANTASTIC stage shots of the whole band too and was there at the before the show meet and greet too..great shots!!

UPDATE:Hi am home early tonight..grease fire at the gig in the kitchen lots of smoke and smell so we got off... Let me try this guys: well that didnt work on doin a thumbnail!! darn IT!! ok im gonna just go ahead and post them full size and we can deal with blowing out the margins on this post later ok.

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen12.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen10.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen6.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen5.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen7jpeg.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen9.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen4.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b48/ellwood1/halen3.jpg

Does photobucket allow you to post thumbnail links here? Imageshack has pre-formatted links for html, bbs, and other uses and includes thumbnail links. I use 'em for pics that are huge so they don't cause the thead to scroll horizontally.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

I believe photobucket not only allows thumbnail links but has a really handy resizing function for every photo. The only caution is, you can`t restore a photo once you resize it. You have to reload it if you want the original size.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Those are great pics, but for some reason I just hate Sammy Hagar. He's like the clown who's not funny, annoying. Enough! Great pics!

"Without music, life would be a mistake."

--from 'Beyond Good and Evil', by Friedrich Nietzsche

My MySpace Space

I don`t have much experience with the clickable links either but you shouldn`t have to right click or anything, the formats should be on the same page as your photos.

You`re better off going back to photobucket methinks, make sure you`re using the right format.

If you don`t see them labeled along with your photos you may not be on the right page.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by MILLO:

Those are great pics, but for some reason I just hate Sammy Hagar. He's like the clown who's not funny, annoying. Enough! Great pics!

Yep I do know what you mean but what a great guitar player he is in his own right! I have learned so many good chops from him. Oh well its show business! Glad you guys like the pics. I was right next to the inhouse video guy who was feeding signal back to the Jumbotron. HAY did you see my ARM!!! :D the one with the red wrist band on :thu:

Did you throw your bra at Michael Anthony? Just kidding! I know--not funny, but I had to say something about it!

Again, great pics! I bet it was an awesome show! Somehow, seeing those pics reminds me of a certain recent thread about tinnitus.

My MySpace Space

HAHA, I agree 100%. I am still baffled why they ever got that dork in the band. You know I was thinking what if they had replaced Roth with Steven Tyler. Seems like it could have been a match, or Doug Pinnick.

Really nobody can beat Roth for VH. His voice sounds like Eddies guitar and visa versa. And he is brilliant.

Eddie--get your Marshalls back, play some hard rock like you used to, quit being a fartface!!

ok I have to chime in here lol...

While I think both Sammy and Dave did unique and different things for the band I would say Dave was the clown of the two. I mean seriously, "Diamond Dave"?? You watch his interviews and he comes off like a buffoon. To say David has a colorful personality is an understatement.

The difference between Sammy and Dave is Sammy could sing. Dave talked every song. While both styles fit VH, I would say having Sammy in the band had greater impact in sales and fan base.

We all know what happened to Dave's solo career. However, we obviously saw it was not as easy as adding any singer to VH since you had Eddie as a front man. Gary Cherone lasted one CD which was also the worst selling CD of the bands career.

This debate is almost as old as, which came first, the chicken or the egg?

I have one beef concerning EVH.

How can you go from a Variaced, dummy-loaded '68 Plexi

to a weasley Peavy 5150 sound?

His going from the tone on Fair Warning to the tone on 5150 albums on up is like eating a Steak from a 5 star restaraunt and then going throguh the Wendy's drivethrough for a Frosty for dessert.

I saw this Video of their '91 tour during a period I was listening to VH2 and fair warning and I recognized the huge gap in quality.

I really couldn't watch the rest of the concert due to the demise of such a legendary tone

I believe this observation ALONE dispells the myth that the MAJORITY of one's tone is "in the fingers".

Here you have the same player (one EVH) going through a modded Plexi from 77-84.

Then you have an inproved EVH in regards to guitar skills/technique, but playing through a Peavey resulting in an overly apparent Inferior tone from '85 on.

With all of the boutique amps out there, i don't see why he doesn't check out those hardwired Plexi copies like Germino so many are making so he can redeem himself

Hey Caputo, I totally agree. I think he maybe switched amps because of the mileage on the original amp. Maybe he couldn't capture the tone by trying to modify other plexi amps like that particular one. I think he figured with all the touring he did from '77-84' the amp that made his tone famous just couldn't make it any more as far as being reliable. Peavey amps are the kind of crap you see at churches and stuff like that. NOT IN EVH HANDS!! I AGREE, SPEND THE MONEY AND CONTACT JIM MARSHALL AND GET SERIOUS ABOUT TONE AGAIN ED!!!!

Originally posted by Dazed:

ok I have to chime in here lol...

While I think both Sammy and Dave did unique and different things for the band I would say Dave was the clown of the two.

The difference between Sammy and Dave is Sammy could sing. Dave talked every song. While both styles fit VH, I would say having Sammy in the band had greater impact in sales and fan base.

Haha, I actually also like Sammy's singing to an extent, as well as some the the later VH songs. It's not his singing I dislike, it's him. Yeah, Dave was THE clown, what I meant was Sammy seems to TRY to be a clown, and to be cool in a not-too-funny-fratboy-who's-a-dork-and-seems-to-think-he's-cool-'cuz-he's-drunk-and-horny. To me, he's a clown who's not funny, Dave was a funny idiot. But I CAN'T STAND hearing the older songs being sung by Sammy, he need's Dave's register and the peculiar, somewhat annoying 'texture' of his voice. It's not like I think they NEED to be sung by Diamond Dave exclusively, but there are certain characteristics of his voice I miss in the songs he made w/ the VH bros.

By the way, this is just my opinion, and it's not based in anything concrete --it's purely subjective. I don't know Sammy and I don't think I ever will (not that I want to ;) ), so I shouldn't being judging him. It's just a silly 'vibe' thing, I guess.

My MySpace Space

Originally posted by vengeanceguitars:

Hey Caputo, I totally agree. I think he maybe switched amps because of the mileage on the original amp. Maybe he couldn't capture the tone by trying to modify other plexi amps like that particular one. I think he figured with all the touring he did from '77-84' the amp that made his tone famous just couldn't make it any more as far as being reliable. Peavey amps are the kind of crap you see at churches and stuff like that. NOT IN EVH HANDS!! I AGREE, SPEND THE MONEY AND CONTACT JIM MARSHALL AND GET SERIOUS ABOUT TONE AGAIN ED!!!!

A lot of Ed's gear was ripped off back in 79 or 80

and some of it were the mod Marshalls he had.

Sorry folks Ed doesn't live in the 70's anymore ;)

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Originally posted by Darklava:

Originally posted by vengeanceguitars:

A lot of Ed's gear was ripped off back in 79 or 80

and some of it were the mod Marshalls he had.

Sorry folks Ed doesn't live in the 70's anymore ;)

Glad you guys like the pics it was fun taking them! Now on the amp thing,I dont think the Marshalls where tired at all and even if they had been its no huge deal to get em back into touring condition!! What i think did happen though was Marshalls refusal to sponsor and donate their gear to EVH at no cost and Marshalls decision NOT to make a EVH signiture amp for him. Peavey DID those things for EVH and ..there you go!! Yep and I agree totally his Marshall tone was the only way I ever wanted to hear Eddie, sure I love his playing no matter what hes playing through but come on man ..get it back-together again!! call Mr. Marshall and have a little conversation!!! :D

Archived