Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The HumpDawg Bluez band first rehearsal today: And Live music streaming questions ;

Dr. Ellwood

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well just gettin started but did these today:

Blues with a Feeling: Paul Butterfield

After You: Carey Bell

Down the Road Apiece: Luther Allison

Statesboro Blues: Allman Bros

Left over Booze: The Regular Boys

Backdoor Man: Lemon Jefferson

Slide thing: Elmo James

If I was You: Snooky Pryor

AND some of Bill Perrys stuff of coarse!

Well we are thinkin skin tight lepord pattern leather with jock straps worn on the outside ..should get some attention ..wat ya think Caevan...

Well lets see.... ok the Hammond B3 player is Kurt from my regular band so hes on the RoadHog site! the bass player is a very accomplished chello and upright bass player that plays a Fender fretless bass and is a great singer too.. The drummer is a rock/jazz trained guy who does a great job on pocket blues.. the horn player,alto,tenor,bflat coronet(if needed) and harp Ive played lots of gigs with and really is the push behind this group starting! and he wants another horn player (hes auditioning them on his own) Im not sure if any of them except me and Kurt have a website ..Ill have to ask them and none of them are guitarplayers really so probably wont get on this forum...now my regular bass player has been on here a couple of times long time ago but then went to the bass forum he said.

Originally posted by ellwood:

"Well we are thinkin skin tight lepord pattern leather with jock straps worn on the outside ..should get some attention... "

Man, you're stealin' my look! :mad::D:thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Darklava:

When you guys are ready I'm calling you out ellwood...battle of the bands...it's on :evil:

Anytime anywhere anytime anywhere...It's go time.

WOAH!! LAVA now you talk the language of DA BLUEZ..WE will stand and face the bluez together and let the best riffs take all!! :evil: MoJo will flow ...strings will bend and dual Leslies will spin bass will provide the Hastings St. stride and harps will howl deep into the MoTown clutter and vibe. I think the Dark Side of the Lava man is about to be unleashed!!!... and I think DarkLava might be a MoTown Local....even more potential for devastation.

Originally posted by ellwood:

Originally posted by Darklava:

When you guys are ready I'm calling you out ellwood...battle of the bands...it's on :evil:

Anytime anywhere anytime anywhere...It's go time.

WOAH!! LAVA now you talk the language of DA BLUEZ..WE will stand and face the bluez together and let the best riffs take all!! :evil: MoJo will flow ...strings will bend and dual Leslies will spin bass will provide the Hastings St. stride and harps will howl deep into the MoTown clutter and vibe. I think the Dark Side of the Lava man is about to be unleashed!!!... and I think DarkLava might be a MoTown Local....even more potential for devastation.
Dam! I think it moved and my nipples are hard :freak::thu:
The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

Ya.. I wonder how a program like NET MEETING would work? not too sure of the sound fidelity live like that ...it would have to stream for the dialup guys...Im gonna ask some people here at work about this and see what is possiable unless we have some systems guys on here (I bet we do!!) :thu:

Ya Caevan..that would work..Im not sure of how the shoot out would be staged? maybe I could invite DarkLava over to a rehersal type situation and video tape it or...I could maybe have his guys do a whole set at a wed.night gig we are looking at doing once we establish a good basis at the place? dunno... all the battle of the bands I was ever in was staged as a battle of the bands!! I was thinking that it would be very cool to somehow do something in real time and have us talk to the forum live and introduce tunes then do them and setup a poll on here to see who wins? for fun.... but I suppose we could do the same thing with a video..so maybe that would be the way to go..I think you are right!! :D:thu: I dont know if he has a keyboard player but if he does my guy would sure let his play his keyboards Im sure ..same way with the drummer and bass player.

Archived