Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Looking for the sweetspot, standing in front of your amp...

Mike Gug

Can different speakers have different sized sweet spots? Standing in front of my Peavey, I seem to get a bigger sweet spot than my Crate. Is it me? Anyone ever experience a difference?

Does this matter if I mic the amp all the time? :confused:

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that certain amps project in different ways.

Bass amps, for example, tend to project a lot and so "the sweet spot" is a few feet away from the amp. You stand near the amp and it seems to be way too soft and yet the rest of the band is yelling at you to turn down! :)

There's more to it than dispersion, too; the overtones that are emphasized and/or suppressed by the amp's circuitry comes into play, too.

Just out of curiosity, for the Hell of it, try connecting the Crate to the Peavey's speakers (and cab), and vice-verse, and find out if theor respective "sweet-spots" are dependant on the speakers 'n' cabs, the amplifiers' electronics, or if things are different altogether with this change-up.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

There's more to it than dispersion, too; the overtones that are emphasized and/or suppressed by the amp's circuitry comes into play, too.

Just out of curiosity, for the Hell of it, try connecting the Crate to the Peavey's speakers (and cab), and vice-verse, and find out if theor respective "sweet-spots" are dependant on the speakers 'n' cabs, the amplifiers' electronics, or if things are different altogether with this change-up.

Interesting! Will check it out!

Mikegug

www.facebook.com/theresistancemusic

Archived