Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Fender Showmaster!!!!

LPCustom

The Fender Showmaster Blackout I ordered arrived today. It was on the front porch when I swung by to pick up our mail.

I stuck it in the house and didn't have time to even open the box. I can't wait to get home tomorrow evening, set it up and play it. :D

I'm like a kid in a candy store with a new guitar. If it plays as sweet as Wallace's, I'll be in seventh heaven. I really want to hear what it sounds like on my Mini Z (the Power Brake arrived on Friday) and my Blues Junior.

Born on the Bayou

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got a black one for my son. It really is sweet. I don't remember them mentioning the tuners. They screw down onto the string so you can clip the string flush.

The only thing I wish it had was a five way switch like my Schecter PT Blackjack to split the coils. Other than that, it is a sweet guitar.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Seems like I remember from Fender's site that it has locking tuners. I didn't look that closely at Wallace's when I tried his out. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Where did you find one for your son? Seems like MF was out when you tried to buy one from them. (or was that Mash?)

I have a Schecter Blackjack, too. Great guitar. I'll be able to do a side by side comparison of the two.

Born on the Bayou

LPCustom: We ordered ours from MF the night that guy posted it on this forum. I believe it was Thursday. At the time they said they had plenty in stock, but many of the models were already listed as limited quantity. I think they were sold out by Sunday, monday at the latest. Did your's come with a manual? Was it double boxed? They had to send a manual for us (got it today) and it only came in the box it was shipped to MF in.

Where the Blackjack has a JB in the Bridge and '59 in the neck, I believe the Blackout has the '59 in the bridge and a Pearly Gates in the neck. I'll have to play both into GarageBand and see what the difference is.

Which BJ do you have? I only wish mine had the longer neck like the C1 so I'm considering trying to sell mine. And I'm still trying to used to the extra jumbo frets. But I do love the sounds you can get from it, including the split coil sounds, and I really like the feel of the neck.

By the way, I see you live in Atlanta. I live in Athens and have been working in Duluth behind Gwinnett Mall.

Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

Originally posted by caprae:

LPCustom: Which BJ do you have? I only wish mine had the longer neck like the C1 so I'm considering trying to sell mine. And I'm still trying to used to the extra jumbo frets. But I do love the sounds you can get from it, including the split coil sounds, and I really like the feel of the neck.

By the way, I see you live in Atlanta. I live in Athens and have been working in Duluth behind Gwinnett Mall.

I have the 006 model which sounds like the same one you have. I really like mine a lot. The similarity/opposition in the pickups between the 006 and the Showmaster should be interesting for a comparison.

We live fairly close to Chateau Elan just inside Gwinnett county. You probably take 316 to get to Gwinnett Place Mall. We live about 8 miles from 316.

Let me know if you're sure about selling yours. I know someone who might be interested. (he's tried to buy mine from me)

Born on the Bayou

I'm pretty upset about this Showmaster. I opened the box and (it was only single boxed) and the headstock is broken off the neck. I'll obviously be sending it back. But I don't know how they're going to replace it since they don't have any more of them. Maybe they can get another one from Fender or another vendor.

It does not appear to be closed out of Fender's product line and they're still listed at Music123.com. I like the guitar a lot. But this one's dead meat. Perhaps they can send it to Fender to have a new neck and head put on it.

Born on the Bayou

I got a call from MusiciansFriend customer service today about the broken neck. They offered me four choices.

1. They could ship me a new head/neck complete assembly (neck, nut, tuning keys, frets, etc.) and I could change it out myself. They would give me a partial refund on top of that of $50.

2. I could send the guitar back to them and they would have Fender repair it by installing a new neck. Also with a partial refund of $50.

3. They would take the guitar back and try to find me another new one. No refund.

4. I could return the guitar and get a full refund.

I chose to do number 3. I told the guy on the phone that several retailers still have these in stock. They should be able to get me another one. He said that I should go ahead and send back the one I have and they would pay for the shipping to send it back.

He gave me an RMA. They will also ship the new guitar to me with free shipping. They are going to send me a pre-paid shipping tag for the box. I'll be sending the guitar back

I asked if they were going to wait until they received the guitar back before they find me another guitar. He said that they would procure another guitar and send it to me and that it might cross ship.

I call that pretty good customer service. We'll see how it works out.

Born on the Bayou

Heh, I don't know how I could change the neck out, either. :confused: I didn't think to ask him that question.

Maybe they thought I would have it fixed by a luthier. I dunno.

Anyway, a new geetar is in the works. I'm not really happy about the delay. But it won't kill me (I keep repeating that to myself. ;) )

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by ellwood:

LP..did ya ever get over to see Lees band? yet.

No, I haven't, yet. They don't have many dates put up on their site. It would have been nice to go see them last night for our anniversary (25 years - silver?). Instead, I went and picked up our dinner from the Olive Garden and brought it home. My wife wasn't up to traveling in the car.

When you comin' down to the wind tunnel again, Lee?

Born on the Bayou

Musicians' Friend update:

I got a ship notice on a new Showmaster Blackout last night from Musicians' Friend.

I checked the tracking number (FedEx this time instead of UPS) and they have it set for delivery on Tuesday. Happy happy joy joy. :D:cool:

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by LPCustom:

"Well, shiver me timbers. FedEx just left me a nice big box from MusiciansFriend on my front porch! There's only one thing it could be."

:idea: Ooh! Ooh! I know! I know!

Is it that prestigious and coveted "Award Prize" Fishnet-Stockinged-Leg-Lamp, that "sweet beacon of electric sex"?

_________________ http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000C6ECG.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

"I'm going to go open the box, now. I may be some time... " ;)

:thu: Aaaah, we understand... you'd need some time alone with that...

As for you, mash, you spoon-weilder, you...

_____________ http://www.chrisbaskous.com/images/alfonsobedoya.jpg

"Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' BADGERS!!" :D;):thu:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Originally posted by LPCustom:

"Well, shiver me timbers. FedEx just left me a nice big box from MusiciansFriend on my front porch! There's only one thing it could be."

:idea: Ooh! Ooh! I know! I know!

Is it that prestigious and coveted "Award Prize" Fishnet-Stockinged-Leg-Lamp, that "sweet beacon of electric sex"?

"I'm going to go open the box, now. I may be some time... " ;)

:thu: Aaaah, we understand... you'd need some time alone with that...

Alright, just how did you know there was a lamp in that box?!?! :D

The Showmaster was in fine shape when I took it out of the box. It was _triple_ boxed. It didn't even need to be setup. All I had to do was tune a little bit. Action was set just right, no buzzing, intonation was dead on. More on this later. I've got to go (my wife is calling me).

Born on the Bayou

Archived