Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Speaking of "Tele School"...

Kramer Ferrington III.

A friend of mine once showed me some Fender book, perhaps it was a catalog.

Anyway, it showed a class of very neat and proper 1960s kids, all short haircuts and thin ties sitting down and learning to play Fender instruments. I think they mostly had strats and some had basses.

Did Fender use to run music schools for kids or was the photograph a joke?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that was marketing then Vs. now. People wanted to be respectable instead of being the leading cause of heart-attacks among parents of teenagers...

The establishment was very much against the teen culture of the day, and I'm sure that the instrument manufacturers were publicly reserved while at the same time privately supportive of the artists that purchased their instruments. ;)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Well said, Blue Strat!

Fender had published their own Electric Guitar Course in 1966, featuring lots of pictures of players with various Fender guitars and amps and accessories.

There are a few of these excerpted images on page 216 of FENDER AMPS/ The First Fifty Years by John Teagle and John Sprung (Fender/Hal Leonard Corp. 1995). I was chuckling over these just the other day. I wonder where those folks are today? If they're still playing, they must be monsters, with some sweet vintage gear, to boot! :D:cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

yeah, there`s an ESP Academy here (I think there`s one in L.A. too) where the students do just that. Seymour Duncan gave a seminar at the place here and played some of the students` guitars. got to meet him afterward and when he saw that I had filled up the back of the program with notes, he gave me his copy of the info he used for the seminar, has lots of cool stuff he didn`t include.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Originally posted by skipclone 1:

"yeah, there`s an ESP Academy here (I think there`s one in L.A. too) where the students do just that. Seymour Duncan gave a seminar at the place here and played some of the students` guitars. got to meet him afterward and when he saw that I had filled up the back of the program with notes, he gave me his copy of the info he used for the seminar, has lots of cool stuff he didn`t include."

Wow, that's cool, both the "Guitar Academies" and SD giving you those notes! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Fender had published their own Electric Guitar Course in 1966, featuring lots of pictures of players with various Fender guitars and amps and accessories.

Maybe that's what the book I saw.

They were a guitar class of the straightest looking kids, all of them with ultra short haircuts, white shirts and dark pants. And thin black ties, if I recall correctly. They looked like a bunch of 60s engineer types. :)

Archived