Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MNJGG

A String

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was banned because of his sparkling personality; He was what they call a troll.

It was really a shame because he was a fairly knowledgeable guy, just had a real attitude problem.

Ah well, with guys like FunkJazz and Pauldil here, I've been able to learn plenty about Jazz from them.

I attempted to play go between to keep him cool in the face of reactions to some pretty caustic responses to several dumb remarks he made. Tried to get him to see almost nothing here was worth acting like an ass. Also, I make it a point to keep an arguement on a thread in that thread. I never take it to other threads, either as insults or starting the same arguement elsewhere. He couldn't keep it together. And, frankly, he was a snob. A gear snob, a technique snob.. He couldn't just let others alone.

I will never do that again. :rolleyes:

It actually worked for a while, but he was a guy just spoiling for a fight.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by Compact Diss:

"I would love a nice Jazz discussion today.

Has anybody read any of Giddins books?

Great reading, you'll find yourself out at the store picking up new music... "

Sounds like a perfect excuse for starting another thread on matters-Jazz! If you don't, I will, but later; I've gotta get off here for a while...

Originally posted by Blue Strat:

"Don't say Mr.NJGG three times, for he will appear and destroy you!!"

More like "annoy"... ;):D

Yeah, I know; "Conan the Destroyer"... :D:freak::D ...well, it didn't go that way, now, did it?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Wasn't he the guy always touting Kurt Rosenwinkel. He was so annoying. But I did pick up the "Deep Song" Rosenwinkel album and was very impressed. Mnjgg was so much like alot of old school jazzers, arrogant and thinking they were the only valid musicians in the history of the world. Most of those guys were very knowledgable but very few of them could play with any emotion.

I wish I had all that theory and reading ability under my belt but I wouldn't trade it for tone and feel. Of course I still need tone and feel too. I really wanted to like the 60's era jazz guitar players but I never liked them as much as the horn and keyboard players. Theiguitars just sounded dead to me. Most of the modern jazz guys sound good though. The old schoolers say they were trying to emulate the horns but to me it all sounded like plink plink.

Originally posted by ellwood:

Gezzz you guys got my interest sparked on this guy! so...I went back and read so of his posts ..man what a bonehead!! and you know he wasn't really all that good at it. I saw one that Fantastic Sound did a great job on him!!that one kept him quiet for awhile!

Uh oh! Here I am touting my attempt to be the voice of reason for a change ( :freak: ) and you discover my secret, Ell. :D Dare I ask where you found that? ..No I do not dare. :eek:

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Originally posted by fantasticsound:

Gezzz you guys got my interest sparked on this guy! so...I went back and read so of his posts ..man what a bonehead!! and you know he wasn't really all that good at it. I saw one that Fantastic Sound did a great job on him!!that one kept him quiet for awhile!

Uh oh! Here I am touting my attempt to be the voice of reason for a change ( :freak: ) and you discover my secret, Ell. :D Dare I ask where you found that? ..No I do not dare. :eek:
Wow Neil.. I dunno.. I had about an hour to kill waiting for some of our tests to download off the Cray and was looking through tons of posts and came upon it...I basically was about snobbery and that sort of thing... anyways it was well put ..no swearing or anyting like that just someting for him to think about I guess..anyway I like it!! :thu:

"...I had about an hour to kill waiting for some of our tests to download off the Cray... "

Wow. Got a spare one o' them kickin' around?

:freak::thu::cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

"...I had about an hour to kill waiting for some of our tests to download off the Cray... "

Wow. Got a spare one o' them kickin' around?

:freak::thu::cool: [/quote

Naww.. we have huge banks of them up in Ann Arbor..at the University of Michigan we lease.. I run our real time data aquisition programs through them and they compile, annotate and feed back to me for decisions.. this is realtime date from the vehicles running long distance endurance at high speed via transponders onboard the vehicles..this is engine..chassis dynamics.. strain gages wireless links ... fluid temps ...frontal air flow dynamics etc...transmitted to the Crays

He was a jerk. No guitarist was worth listening to unless he was on the cutting edge of jazz-- "cutting edge" and "jazz" as he defined them. The only theory book was the Levine book. Counter either of these, and expect to get a page of his condescending BS in response. Honestly, every thread about any particular guitarist was viciously attacked. I'd hate to see what he'd have done with the great posts from Diamond Dust recently.

It is just not cool to dis another guitarist, especially in the way he did it and the guitarists he did it to.

I think he wasn't even banned for his crap in this place but for stuff in the political forum, which at the time I was only getting into and didn't see his posts as much different than the people he was arguing with. If he was banned for Guitar forum stuff, then I stand corrected.

check out some comedy I've done:

http://louhasspoken.tumblr.com/

My Unitarian Jihad Name: Brother Broadsword of Enlightened Compassion.

Originally posted by Gruupi:

Mnjgg was so much like alot of old school jazzers, arrogant and thinking they were the only valid musicians in the history of the world.

Heh, made me think of that Yogi Berra interview about Jazz... :D

Born on the Bayou

• 2 weeks later...
Haha, I remember that guy from back before i got a reliable comp with reliable net. He was about the most close minded person Ive ever known, it sickened me that he was from socal. oh well. So he was actually banned eh? good to hear.
hot girls, fast cars, and even louder guitars

Hey Ell...

I missed your reply Sept. 19th.. Sorry. I sometimes focus here, sometimes at HC, so I tend to let some replies drop. :o

Yeah... I did finally lay into him, but I tried to keep it sarcastic and not some endless line of explestives.. at least that's how I remember it. ;)

Every once in a while we get someone who trolls like that, but Mr. NJGG was one of three who were really strange. The other two being Bralalala (A cross dressing metalhead whose paranoia that everyone in the LA music scene was either jealous of him or frightened by his androgeny was everpresent.) and Carmine, an honest to goodness NY session recording legend whose accomplishments are only ecliped by his arrogance and failure to understand why people here were upset that every other post he made was an advertisement to speak to him somewhere else.

Those guys were right off the scale with Mr. NJGG.

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived