Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT, i am a weener!!!

Guitarzan

awhile back i put in a design for a mural at work, there was a bit of a contest for a welcome mural that incorporated a safety theme.

i found out i have won.

i get a nice hotel room for a night as a prize.

the wifes birthday is coming up so that works out nicely.

i haven't drawn for a long time and lately i have been getting my art permanently displayed.

first Brents tattoo and now this.

it isn't much but it is still cool.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations Guitarzan!

As someone who also likes to switch creative endeavours between music and drawing, I'm glad to see you're getting back to drawing, too. And it's obvious you haven't lost "it".

I sort of envy those with only one passion as they can pour all of their energy in one thing but I wouldn't give up on any of my multiple "loves".

Hurray for the "weener"!!!

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

awhile back i put in a design for a mural at work, there was a bit of a contest for a welcome mural that incorporated a safety theme.

i found out i have won.

i get a nice hotel room for a night as a prize.

the wifes birthday is coming up so that works out nicely.

i haven't drawn for a long time and lately i have been getting my art permanently displayed.

first Brents tattoo and now this.

it isn't much but it is still cool.

That's GREAT! You ought to really be proud!

Do a great job, and in case you find the need to include the word in the mural, I think it is "Weiner"

But beter check anyway!

====================================================

Check out my original music at

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/jacker

"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,

but not in practice."

Congratulations, Guitarzan. I'm an artist, too. A graphic artist by trade. I also taught a high school art class at a small private shool for the last three years and had forgotten how fun it was to draw and paint again. You can see some of my t-shirt designs at www.timrogan.com - THIS IS NOT SPAM as I'm not asking for work - just sharing the joy of art.
Raise your children and spoil your grandchildren. Spoil your children and raise your grandchildren.

great!

BTW, EXCELLENT avatar of Harold you've got there! I'm a huge Red Green fan (even a member of Possum Lodge).

"I used to be "with it", but then they changed what "it" was! Now what I'm with isn't "it", and what is "it" is weird and scary to me. IT'LL HAPPEN TO YOU!" - Grampa Simpson

thanks for the kind words guys.

sorry to hear of the cancellation Red.

hope your wife knocks them dead Spiral light.

i will be checking your site out Caprae.

Dreibel , i have a pic somewhere from a halloween party where a bud and i dressed up as Red and Harold.

my original design is in the hands of the mural artist, but when he is done i am sure i will recieve a pic of the finished mural.

i met with him early Fri to discuss what he plans to do. at work they have changed which wall is to recieve the mural so some restructuring was required.

the artist is Matth Cupido. a very nice man who is going to make it look a heck of a lot better.

Archived