Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Calling Mudcat and other Nashville area forumites!

fantasticsound

Hey guys! (Gals?) Tonight's the final Full Moon Pickin' Party at Percy Warner Park for the season.

Anyone else planning to be there?

Percy Warner Park Equestrian Center.

Musicians are free with instrument to play. ($5 donation recommended, but not required.)

Should be fun. It's advertised as bluegrass music, but I've never been so I don't know if any other music is represented.

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totally unfamiliar with this event. In fact, I'm not familiar with any events these days not related to my daughter's volleyball team, my sons' soccer team or business travel these days.

I won't boo-hoo over this though because I am thoroughly enjoying my kids' sports activities and I am happy to have a job (even though I've had more travel lately). :wave:

Mudcat's music on Soundclick

"Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em."-The Webb Wilder Credo-

Well, y'all missed one heck of a Pull!

What an amazing event. I'm kicking myself for missing the other 5 they held this summer! :rolleyes:

There were fiddles, banjos, mandolins, upright basses and (God knows!) a mess of acoustic guitars everywhere I looked.

No sooner had we arrived I was standing on the edge of a circle of musicians just wailing out bluegrass tunes. I don't really know most of the tunes, but it wasn't hard to play some rhythm guitar. The patterns are repeating and generally 3 to 4 chords, but what a whirling dervish of playing. This group had about 15 or 20 musicians standing in a circle.

I almost forgot to mention. I left my strap in my basement! The entire night I must've looked like Johnny Cash with my guitar held high with the lower bout cradled in my right arm.

:thu:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived