Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

WOT Star Wars Fans Check This Out

GtrWiz

I finally foud an active torrent for The Phantom Edit:

http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3341609

For tohse of you that don't know about this, someone got ahold of the raw footage and took out Jar Jar, and the Pod Races. Makes the movie about 45 minutes shorter. Many people think that this is how the movie should have been in the first place. Seeders are needed to keep the torrent alive.

www.myspace.com/christondre

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too funny; wanting to remove 45-miutes, in this day-and-age of extended/director's-cut DVD's!

I can understand, though...

Truth be told, when I watched that one (didn't even bother with the latest one), I kept laughing with a friend about the blatantly obvious catering to various popular trends of the time, as well as the ridiculously baaad and inconsistent story-line, especially with respect to the first, truly classic, and only good movie of all of the whole silly franchise, Star Wars...

Reminds me of seeing something on-line where some guy was complaining about the hurried-to-the-bookstores "novelization" of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King before the movie had yet been released in cinemas... !! :rolleyes::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I liked "The Phantom Menace" the best of the three latest Star Wars movies, Jar Jar and all. I liked the pod-racing scenes, and the duel at the end between the Jedi and the Sith kicked major ass! It's just too bad no one shot Jar Jar in the battle for Naboo. ;)

Once I get "Revenge of the Sith" on DVD my opinion might change. General Greivous was cool. :thu:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

...Better fuzz through science...

http://geocities.com/teleman28056/index.html

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Reminds me of seeing something on-line where some guy was complaining about the hurried-to-the-bookstores "novelization" of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King before the movie had yet been released in cinemas... !! :rolleyes::D

Sometimes I forget just how clueless some people are. :)

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by CaevanO'Shite:

Hey, since we're on the off-topic here, ;) just why izzitt that so many folks so hate JJB? I thought he was alright (haven't seen the last one, RotS, though); it was the Ewoks that I really hated!

I'll have to send you a PM on this one.

:wave:

I didn't have a problem with the Ewoks. I've got the original trilogy on VHS with an interview with Lucas at the start, and he says that he originally intended for the whole thing to be one movie, but it was too big. He wanted a Wookie in the first movie, so by the last movie, he half-sized them and called them Ewoks. So, the Ewoks are like Wookies, but smaller and less ferocious. ;)

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

There just seemed to be so many stereotypical characters in The Phantom Menace that it really turned me off. IMHO, Jar-Jar was the worst, though.

As for the Ewoks, they were just too "cute" to be taken seriously. IMHO, they were the low point of the first Star Wars trilogy.

Born on the Bayou

Originally posted by LPCustom77:

As for the Ewoks, they were just too "cute" to be taken seriously. IMHO, they were the low point of the first Star Wars trilogy.

How are they different from the Jawas? They were both very non-scary and funny, IMO.

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Originally posted by Blue Strat:

How are they different from the Jawas? They were both very non-scary and funny, IMO.
Well, the Jawas played only a small part in the first movie. The Ewoks played a much larger role in the third movie, holding the central characters captive and then engaging in the battle with the Empire. If their role had been scaled back to about the size of the Jawa role in the first movie, I think it would have been a better movie.

Born on the Bayou

Well, the Jawas played only a small part in the first movie. The Ewoks played a much larger role in the third movie, holding the central characters captive and then engaging in the battle with the Empire. If their role had been scaled back to about the size of the Jawa role in the first movie, I think it would have been a better movie.

But then, who would have shown the Rebel forces where the backdoor to the shield generator was, or mounted the counter-attack when the rebel forces were captive? :confused: I think people don't like them because they're like teddy-bears and somehow, that cheapens the Star Wars image. Come on, we had a giant slug as a gangster, a quadrouple amputee as a super henchman, and Max Rebo (the small, blue, flop-eared elephant that had a jazz/pop band) and you're saying that tribal teddy-bear hunter/warriors is stepping over the line?! :freak:

BlueStrat

a.k.a. "El Guapo" ;)

Archived