Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

FA Gibson SG Autographed By Tony Iommi

Mark2112

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the ad...

"They [Gibson] even replaced the case with a tiny tear for free as well. "

I'm fascinated by this "tiny tear" thing.

Were they sad because they had to replace the case, or did they give the guy a little glass jar with a tear in it? Was the tear Iommi's? ;)

I think it's a waste of a guitar - I mean, if I had a guitar signed by someone I felt was significant (don't ask) I'd just want to hang it on the wall - not play it. Then again, why not - it's not as if the person who signed actually chose the guitar or had it set up to play the way he/she liked it, is it?

No, it's a pretty useless exercise, IMHO.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Hey, c'mon, cut the guy a little slack! :) He did immediately post,

"Sorry for posting this in the main forum I thought I was posting this in the spam/for sale area. Will the moderator please move my post.

Thanks."

:cool::thu:

(I have to admit, though, the "tiny tear" bit was pretty damn funny, Vince!) :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Originally posted by Geoff Byrne:

I think it's a waste of a guitar - I mean, if I had a guitar signed by someone I felt was significant (don't ask) I'd just want to hang it on the wall - not play it. Then again, why not - it's not as if the person who signed actually chose the guitar or had it set up to play the way he/she liked it, is it?

No, it's a pretty useless exercise, IMHO.

Geoff

Yeah, I can't relate to it either. I don't have the money to buy guitars that are just going to go in a display case. And often enough, (though apparently not in this case) all that a signature means is that you fronted up to the dressing room with a guitar and a texta.

Originally posted by LPCustom77:

Tony Iommi is left handed. Wouldn't it make more sense for his signature to be on a left handed model? Or am I just missing the point, here (again)?

Sounds like Tony Iommi sat in some Gibson booth autographing off-the-rack black SGs?

Sorry again for the post in the wrong folder. I was hoping the moderator would move it to avoid the massive derision I would encounter being new to the forum.

I didn't really get the guitar to "collect" as some do. I am a player and would be happy to keep playing it. However, the value others place on what they will use as high tech rock-n-roll wall art is difficult to ignore when I need the cash.

Besides I am a bass player first and I wasn't going to get rid of any of my 4 basses. Now you can hate me

Again I apologize for the post for those that are easiliy annoyed. :thu:

Open the pod bay doors HAL!

This my stupid web site.

http://home.comcast.net/~mark2112/

Can we just be on Central Daylight saving time!!!

We'll forgive you if you promise not to cast us off after a couple of posts. Come back regularly and join in - give us your input - it'd be welcomed.

Geoff

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the World will know Peace": Jimi Hendrix

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=738517&content=music

The Geoff - blame Caevan!!!

Archived