Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nashville Pussy

Chad Thorne

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nashville Pussy.

Great band. A cross between Motorhead, AC/DC, Molly Hatchet, Ted Nugent and The Stooges with an amazing female lead guitarist named Ruyter Suys. On crusty vocals and guitar is her hubby, Blaine Cartwright, formerly of 9 Lb Hammer. On bass, Tracy Almazon, formerly of The Wives. And on drumes, Jeremy... what's-his-name. Eh, nobody remembers the drummer, ya know?

Anyway, the songs are fun, fast, dirty rock in the old-school way... and Ruyter and Tracy are both easy on the eyes as well as talented.

And I guarantee that they put on a show you will not soon forget...

Basically, the band is an incredible testament to old-school rock with punk leanings... mixed with a total glorification of "white trash" culture. Don't bring your mom.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Originally posted by CMDN:

Nashville Pussy.

Great band. A cross between Motorhead, AC/DC, Molly Hatchet, Ted Nugent and The Stooges with an amazing female lead guitarist named Ruyter Suys. On crusty vocals and guitar is her hubby, Blaine Cartwright, formerly of 9 Lb Hammer. On bass, Tracy Almazon, formerly of The Wives. And on drumes, Jeremy... what's-his-name. Eh, nobody remembers the drummer, ya know?

Anyway, the songs are fun, fast, dirty rock in the old-school way... and Ruyter and Tracy are both easy on the eyes as well as talented.

Basically, the band is an incredible testament to old-school rock with punk leanings... mixed with a total glorification of "white trash" culture. Don't bring your mom.

All that I had been led to expect. Can't wait! Mom's got her tickets already...

Nashville Pussy.

Has anyone ever heard of any of these groups? that Nashville Pussy is made up from???

Nashville Pussy.

Leave it to Erik to know more about Nashville Pussy than those in Nashville. ;)

They are supposed to be fantastic. I've yet to hear anyone disappointed with them. And yes.. Easy on the eyes is one, accurate, way to describe the women in this band. ;)

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Well, Nashville Pussy is actually from Athens, GA.

9 LB Hammer was a killer punk band I saw many years back on the underground touring circuit. Ditto The Wives. Tracy was the drummer for The Wives. She's a monster all-round musician.

The band takes its name from a Ted Nugent stage comment from one of his live albums where he refers to women in the audience as "Nashville Pussy."

I happen to know all of this stuff because I played shows with these bands, wrote and researched articles about them... and I have a ridiculous thirst for essentially worthless knowledge.

But, to answer your question, Ellwood, people who run in the underground punk/rock circles are aware of the bands that made up NP.

None of this really matters, though.. the music matters, and the band is pretty killer.

BTW, they do a great cover of Smokey Robinson's "First I Look At The Purse." Seriously.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

"BTW, they do a great cover of Smokey Robinson's "First I Look At The Purse." Seriously."

Now, that is cool. Now I've gotta further check 'em out.

So, Erik- is that cover included on any discs of their's- particularly a live take- or is that a gig-only deal?

And- any updates (of any proportion) on matters CMDN? Where have you been posting such stuff since the changing around of some furums and all that? I haven't seen much from you in a while, but I'm guessing that I probably haven't looked in the right places...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Sir, it IS most definitely a sublime experience.

And, yes, that cover is on Let Them Eat Pussy.

And, BTW, they're a lot smarter then they'd have anyone believe.

As far as the CMDN news goes... I am not supposed to be discussing things publicly, so it's not that u are missing stuff. I'm just being stifled to some degree by parties who have a lot to say about my future. It's annoying. I'll spill all when I can.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

Bestaluck there, Erik! "Annoying" is probably the very politest way that you can put it, huh?

Speaking of covers and albums with titles like that by undegroundish groups with names like that... I wish that I still had my old vinyl copy of Bongwater's The Power of Pussy, with it's oddball covers ("Bedazzled", previously done by DUDLEY MOORE?!) and oddball cover, best appreciated in vinyl-sized 33-&-1/3 format.

Please note that out of respect and as a show of solidarity of sorts (or maybe it's just peer-pressure, like when you made me smoke a cigarette behind the school to be cool) (wink-wink/), that I've refrained from the insertion of smilies of any kind when posting directly at your personage...

Originally posted by ellwood:

Leave it to TED to coin that name! nasty mouth,guitarslingin MoTown Mad Man!!!! :thu:

Naaaa, it's all a front. Ted's really from L.A., he's a vegan, a male color-coordination consultant, and an assistant to Martha Stewart. When he said "Nashville Pussy", he meant an effeminate Midnight/Urban Cowboy from Tennessee.

I met the guitarist at the Guitar Center in Atlanta. She was really cool. And definitely easy on the eyes. She had a very cool air of confidence about her, not arrogance, just confidence. I'd love to go see them sometime. The band's been around forever.

Peace,

Lefty

It'll all be fine

Originally posted by lefty1:

I met the guitarist at the Guitar Center in Atlanta. She was really cool. And definitely easy on the eyes. She had a very cool air of confidence about her, not arrogance, just confidence. I'd love to go see them sometime. The band's been around forever.

Peace,

Lefty

Ahhhh Lefty... dont cha know..shes really a guy! we thought everyone knew that by now!

As a loyal Canucklehead, I just want to point out that Ruyter Suys is (a) from Vancouver (last I heard, anyway) and (b) a woman.

I'm going to see former Nashville Pussy bassist Katie Lynn Campbell's new band C'mon on Friday. Or at least I think I am - she's a New Orleans native and still lives there.

Yes, Ruyter is Canadian, but she and Blaine live in Athens, GA.

And Katie Lynn Campbell is better known as Corey Sparks.

\m/

Erik

--Sun Tzu

Yes, Ruyter is Canadian, but she and Blaine live in Athens, GA.

And Katie Lynn Campbell is better known as Corey Sparks.

Corey Parks was the really tall gal with multiple tattoos (well okay, every past, present and future NP member probably has multiple tattoos ...) then came Tracy Almazan, then came KLC, who has been replaced by Karen Exley, formerly of Hemi-Cuda. And now I shall cease this horrid display of rock nerd know-it-allism. :rolleyes:

I hope to see them myself Oct. 4 when they're in town. :thu:

...As far as the CMDN news goes... I am not supposed to be discussing things publicly, so it's not that u are missing stuff. I'm just being stifled to some degree by parties who have a lot to say about my future. It's annoying. I'll spill all when I can.

Sure you are, Erik!

Case of writer's block or carpal tunnel? :P;)

Seriously, we can't wait to here more Tales of the Road with CMDN and the Amazon Roadette. :wave:

It's easiest to find me on Facebook. Neil Bergman

Soundclick

fntstcsnd

Archived