Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So here we are. Katrina refugee update.

Gabriel E.

Glad you and your family are safe, and "Welcome to NY!" FEMA/Homeland Security failed miserably, period.

I hope while you're here, you get a chance to go down to The Big Apple and check out the guitar shops on West 48th St.

Good luck!

"I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes." - Jimi Hendrix

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out on holidays for the last couple of weeks. Wow, I'm glad you're all ok.

The political stuff's none of my business, of course. But FWIW, if a guy who's lost everything to a hurricane can't rant about the powers that be, then who can?

Anyway, I once read an interview with Angus Young and he reckoned that his SGs would get water logged with sweat after every show and that they still played fine once they dried out.

So they'll probably be fine. :)

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

Chad i noticed your avatar..

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/images/stock_images/donald_sutherland.jpg

my mother went to school with Donald Sutherland when she was younger.

just a bit of useless info. :D

Well, I just learned that my family name, Thorne, comes from the Sutherland district of Scotland, which entitles me to wear the tartan (true) and to claim Donald Sutherland as a kinsman (as I see it)...

;)

Originally posted by chad:

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

Chad i noticed your avatar..

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/images/stock_images/donald_sutherland.jpg

my mother went to school with Donald Sutherland when she was younger.

just a bit of useless info. :D

Well, I just learned that my family name, Thorne, comes from the Sutherland district of Scotland, which entitles me to wear the tartan (true) and to claim Donald Sutherland as a kinsman (as I see it)...

;)

Ah, a fellow countryman (after a fashion). My family hails also from Scotland (the isle of Lewis -- my great great grandfather was a Scot).

Born on the Bayou

Archived