Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

So I tried a Godin LG p90 again yesterday....

fogman

I have to admit that I did not like the way the neck felt the first time I tried it.

But I gave it another chance, and I'm thinking I could like it. I have small hands so I'd have to play it again to see if we'd be a good match together.

Without a doubt the looks are very cool, and the sound well........ :eek::eek::eek:

Oh my God!!! That is just incredible for a $500-600 guitar.

My amp choices were somewhat limited so I would say I way only able to test it to 75-80% of its abilities.

I know this is not a "metal" guitar and I'm not a total metal player. However the question is could I get some decent metal tones out of it???

Not interested in Nu-metal at all.

Let's just say "classic metal like Judas Priest, Ozzy, maybe some 80's type!?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think you should be able to get some good classic metal tones. i have no problems with getting some of those.

i have 11s on it now and it crunches nicely.

i took a 3M sanding pad to the rear of my neck to satin finish it a tad.

my neck was slightly different than my buddies LG so i smoothed out the finish abit. mine had a more "faded SG " feel before.

you should also check out the LGHB. the humbuckers will give you more variety with the 5 way switch.

Originally posted by Guitarzan:

you should also check out the LGHB. the humbuckers will give you more variety with the 5 way switch.

They had one there I plugged it in for a very brief moment. Not enough to make a true judgement on it. I'll have to go back.

Do you happen to know if the humbuckers split on the 2nd and 4th position?

Archived