Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Please Help with Music Player Live!

Editor Boy

Hey gang...

As you may or may not know, we are launching a HUGE consumer music show in NYC on October 12-23. It's at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square.

We are offering newbie and beginner "happenings" such as a SCHOOL OF ROCK experience, photo and autograph opportunities, and "learn to play" opportunities. Great for parents and kids -- or anyone who wants to hang out and get into making music!!

For intermediates and experts, we are currently offering seminars and master classes by Larry Carlton, Johnny A., Adrian Belew, John 5, Eric Krasco, and BOSS' Robert Marcello. There will also be classes taught by GP editors, as well as similar offerings for bass, drums, keyboards, and recording peoples.

This is a way cool thing -- and, if you're interested, you should go to www.musicplayerlive.com right now for major savings on event ticket prices (as well as tix for a major Les Paul Tribute Concert) -- but we're always into making something way cooler.

SO...

What types of artists and content would YOU like to see at this show?

Please post your wish list, and we'll see what we can develop before the show opens. All suggestions, comments, and, yep, even cranky rants are welcome!!

This is the first time in a long time that a consumer music show has been launched, and we want to do it right.

As always, thanks in advance for your help!

All the Best,

Mike

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Editor Boy:

"...This is a way cool thing..."

You're not kidding! :cool:

Man, too bad that realistically, there's no way that I'll be able to make it, even though I do live in New York State. (Financially, I'm just coasting right now. :rolleyes: Though I'm not feeling sorry for myself, and I know I could be a lot worse off; I'm actually very fortunate.)

Y'know who'd be waaay cool to have? Derek Trucks & his band. And how about Birelli Lagrene. Los Lobos! Kaki King. Here's a no-brainer: NYC? Mike and Leni Stern!

A "wish list" could get ridiculously out of hand, I love so many styles and there's so much great stuff going on, no matter how people complain about the current state of "the guitar".

Y'know, I caught a great show by Wynton Marsalis and the Lincoln Center Jazz Orchestra a while back; the only small dissapointment was the lack of a guitar chair. We needed to be represented! Maybe you could work in concert with Wynton and/or the LC to influence them and broaden their jazz-guitar horizons, so's t' speak, and involve the LC and/or the LCJO in the MPL event, if not this year, in years to come...

And, how about- in one capacity or another- the presence of Andy Ellis, Jude Gold, Dan Forte, and Dan Erlewine? Just their hangin' around would increase the coolness factor by an order of magnitude! Add Tom Wheeler to that list, too!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived