Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Have you seen middle eastern guys videoing buildings?

>>>Actually, if I had only paid attention during history class, I would have remembered this solution is not new at all. There was an amazingly strong and productive society a few decades back that was unified under the guidance a charismatic leader who convinced everyone there that all of their problems were caused by scheming strangers who had infiltrated their otherwise perfect society. Those strangers were called Jews, and the leader's name was Adolph Hitler. Yes, history is a wonderful reference, isn't it? Two flaws in the logic here, Dan. First, the Jews weren't terrorizing Germany following WWI. They were a scapegoat. Hitler blamed all Germany's economic problems on the Jews. Second, Hitler didn't want to send the Jews "home" (keeping in mind there was no Israel at the time, and "home" to them WAS Germany and eastern Europe)...he wanted to eliminate them...kill them. Big difference. HUGE difference. And, if we did send foreign nationals home and they were bitter about it, they'd have only the terrorists to blame. The terrorists' actions would be what would lead to such a decision. "Go back to your country and put pressure on those who support terrorist activities to stop so that you may come back to America and live the life you seek. Once we perceive no threat, we will welcome you back with open arms." Think of the Mariel boat lift. A lot of Cuban refugees came to our country, and Castro used the opportunity to dump the scum from his prisons over here. When we found out that was happening, we turned many boats away. Bad for the Cubans who were legitimately trying to flee a repressive government, but, we had no choice. As it was, many Cuban criminals did enter the U.S. This message has been edited by Tedster on 10-22-2001 at 02:05 PM
"Cisco Kid, was a friend of mine"

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote]Originally posted by sventvkg: [b] No Dan....NO one is saying kick out Americans of Middle Eastern Heritage...VISITING foreigners ONLY..JUST FOR THE TIME BEING...People on Visas....Calm down...We're not taking relocation camps like we did to the japanese in WWII...Just a safeguard until we get better security measures into place..Send the Visitors home until we can thorougly check them out...Just a PRECAUTION that could thwart some planned activity here.... [/b][/quote] Sorry, dude, but America is not spelled with three K's. How about Hispanics? Don't drugs come from Latin America? Let's send all of the Hispanics home and clean up the drug problem. Especially the Cubans. We don't like their commie government, anyway. And as Ted pointed out, the crime bomb is here. It's long overdo; all Cubans must go now! Crime is rampant in the inner cities. Let's ship out all low income Blacks and other ghetto dwellers to fight the crime problem. Then we won't have to deal with this Affirmative Action and Racial Profiling nonsense. People of Eastern European ancestry have to go, too. Those damned Balkans are always starting trouble. Croations, Lithuanians, all of 'em, on the boat, pronto! Germans, boy what a lot of trouble they caused. And the Poles were collaborators. Kick 'em all out now. And take those stupid Amish clowns with you. English. Fuck them, trying to kiss up to us now. We should have invaded their pathetic little island in 1776 and gotten it over with. Tell 'em to piss off and go have a war with those worthless drunken troublemaking Irish. There's no room in America for terrorist sympathizers, and anyone who's ever sent a nickel to the IRA must be deported. Dutch - I think America has enough "dykes", don't you? Leave the Heineken and get the fuck out of our country. Indians and Pakistanis - they're gearing up for WWIII. We don't want any part of it. Get the hell out! We'll find somebody else to work in our hospitals and computer centers. Chinese and Taiwanese, same thing. You know they're gonna have a big nasty ugly war over there, and then they're going to start shooting each other over here. Might as well make a preemptive strike and kick 'em all out now. Jews - get the hell out. We stick out necks out for you, and look at the thanks we get. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Italians, all of 'em a bunch of mafiosos. Go back to Italy and take the Sopranos with you. We don't need your stinking gang wars in our country. Get back on the boat that grandma came over on. Short, fat, sissies and uncoordiated people. Get the hell out! America loves sports and beauty, and you're watering down the gene pool. Roseanne isn't going to produce any worthwhile offspring. If you got picked last in gym class, here's a message for you - we don't need your sorry ass. Bon voyage! People with eating disorders - off you go. In tough times, we don't need anybody who vomits up a perfectly good meal. Ugly people - nobody wants to look at you. Go away! Unemployed people and anybody who's ever been on welfare. Time's up. You sponged off the system, now the system is spitting you out. If you thought it was tough getting a job here, you're gonna LOVE the rest of the world. Sayonara! Alcoholics, drug users, and people with emotional problems - you cost us way too much in crime and treatment. We need disciplined Americans for the 21st century. Go somewhere else. You're not welcome here. Bleeding heart liberals. This message probably makes you sick. You don't have the STOMACH to be an American. Get the hell out! People who work in malls or fast food. America doesn't need non-career oriented slackers. Go open up a burger stand in Kurdistan. People who watch more than an hour of TV a day - UNPRODUCTIVE. The country doesn't need ya! Same for all of you golfer assholes. What good does THAT do? Go to fucking Scotland where you belong. Bye bye!! People with red hair - I HATE red hair. You're OUTTA here! Take all of the bald men and flat-chested women with you. Yuck! Hmm, well I think that about covers it. God Bless AmeriKKKa! This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 10-23-2001 at 03:40 AM

>>Sorry, dude, but America is not spelled with three K's.<< Hehehe.. so the liberal, politically correct left will go as far as labeling the patriotic, mindset as 1940's, 50's 60's white racists rather than consider any kind of positive steps in eradicating an immigration system that is totally in the dark ages and totally chaotic in the handling of a sector of immagrants that have steadily shown for better than two decades that they we're becoming a national security problem. Fine, I'll accept being put in that category, I'll be the one without a white robe or hood... nothing to hide... standing proudly out in the open with 30/30 in one hand and one-way tickets back to Mid-eastern Arabia in the other. Hell throw us back to mid twentieth century mindsets, and we'll pull our kids from public schools and homeschool them and ourselves on a very low diet of the left liberal, NWO, PC propaganda and bullshit. There's a whole large group out here that hold and feel the same patriotic necessity to drop the NWO, PC and take back America. Then we'll start over again. Labeling a patriotic mindset as "KKK" is a weak and almost traitorous argument for your cause. Alas, I'll now walk away from yet another silly ass thread. ------------------ William F. Turner Songwriter [url=http://www.csonline.net/wfturner/index.html]turnermusic[/url]

William F. Turner

Songwriter

turnersongs

Sometimes the truth is rude...

tough shit... get used to it.

I'm with William F and the others on this one. It's not racist. It's how everone acts. I guess I can't say it enough...if you invite someone into your home, and they insult you, you ask them to leave. And, Dan, all of those groups you mentioned, the "get rid of all plumbers from New Zealand because blah blah" haven't done anything to act as though they want the U.S. as an entity to die. Remember the movie Independence Day? They ask that weird dying alien what they want us to do and it says "Die". So sure, it was just a movie, but perhaps not all fiction. Osama wants us to die. All of us. Every one of us who isn't a Moslem fundamentalist. In his own way, he's an Islamic Hitler. If he had the power Adolph had in WWII...he'd be setting up extermination camps for all of us who weren't Moslem fundamentalists. We are battling an enemy who is using our freedom and tolerance as a weapon against us. An enemy who could strike at any civilian target without warning. An enemy who seriously considered targeting Disneyland for a terrorist attack. We're not fighting for oil, or our right to dominate the globe as we see fit. We're fighting for our survival, not just the survival of our troops, but for the survival of our families, the people at home that we love. Any failure to win this fight will have horrible ramifications for all of us. And in order to win this fight, we have to pull out all of the stops. No one has said anything about deporting U.S. citizens, including those of the Islamic faith.

[quote]Originally posted by WFTurner: [b]...standing proudly out in the open with 30/30 in one hand and one-way tickets back to Mid-eastern Arabia in the other...[/b][/quote] Your back's covered William...I got my .44 Magnum!!! "Ladies and gentleman...if you haven't bought a ticket then we can't let you stay to see the show...so please leave. Those of you that have legitimate tickets...please make sure you are sitting in the right seats...this isn't a free-for-all. We also reserve the right to throw your ass out if you can't behave during the show. Thank you." This message has been edited by miroslav on 10-23-2001 at 12:47 PM

miroslav - miroslavmusic.com

"Just because it happened to you, it doesn't mean it's important."

[quote]Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com: [b] Sorry, dude, but America is not spelled with three K's. How about Hispanics? Don't drugs come from Latin America? Let's send all of the Hispanics home and clean up the drug problem. Especially the Cubans. We don't like their commie government, anyway. And as Ted pointed out, the crime bomb is here. It's long overdo; all Cubans must go now! Crime is rampant in the inner cities. Let's ship out all low income Blacks and other ghetto dwellers to fight the crime problem. Then we won't have to deal with this Affirmative Action and Racial Profiling nonsense. People of Eastern European ancestry have to go, too. Those damned Balkans are always starting trouble. Croations, Lithuanians, all of 'em, on the boat, pronto! Germans, boy what a lot of trouble they caused. And the Poles were collaborators. Kick 'em all out now. And take those stupid Amish clowns with you. English. Fuck them, trying to kiss up to us now. We should have invaded their pathetic little island in 1776 and gotten it over with. Tell 'em to piss off and go have a war with those worthless drunken troublemaking Irish. There's no room in America for terrorist sympathizers, and anyone who's ever sent a nickel to the IRA must be deported. Dutch - I think America has enough "dykes", don't you? Leave the Heineken and get the fuck out of our country. Indians and Pakistanis - they're gearing up for WWIII. We don't want any part of it. Get the hell out! We'll find somebody else to work in our hospitals and computer centers. Chinese and Taiwanese, same thing. You know they're gonna have a big nasty ugly war over there, and then they're going to start shooting each other over here. Might as well make a preemptive strike and kick 'em all out now. Jews - get the hell out. We stick out necks out for you, and look at the thanks we get. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Italians, all of 'em a bunch of mafiosos. Go back to Italy and take the Sopranos with you. We don't need your stinking gang wars in our country. Get back on the boat that grandma came over on. Short, fat, sissies and uncoordiated people. Get the hell out! America loves sports and beauty, and you're watering down the gene pool. Roseanne isn't going to produce any worthwhile offspring. If you got picked last in gym class, here's a message for you - we don't need your sorry ass. Bon voyage! People with eating disorders - off you go. In tough times, we don't need anybody who vomits up a perfectly good meal. Ugly people - nobody wants to look at you. Go away! Unemployed people and anybody who's ever been on welfare. Time's up. You sponged off the system, now the system is spitting you out. If you thought it was tough getting a job here, you're gonna LOVE the rest of the world. Sayonara! Alcoholics, drug users, and people with emotional problems - you cost us way too much in crime and treatment. We need disciplined Americans for the 21st century. Go somewhere else. You're not welcome here. Bleeding heart liberals. This message probably makes you sick. You don't have the STOMACH to be an American. Get the hell out! People who work in malls or fast food. America doesn't need non-career oriented slackers. Go open up a burger stand in Kurdistan. People who watch more than an hour of TV a day - UNPRODUCTIVE. The country doesn't need ya! Same for all of you golfer assholes. What good does THAT do? Go to fucking Scotland where you belong. Bye bye!! People with red hair - I HATE red hair. You're OUTTA here! Take all of the bald men and flat-chested women with you. Yuck! Hmm, well I think that about covers it. God Bless AmeriKKKa! This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 10-23-2001 at 03:40 AM [/b][/quote] That was the most idiotic over-generalized Rant I have seen on this thread. No one was saying kick anyone out for good..And certainly not people who are naturalized American Citizens...We are talking Visitors here, and only from suspected terrorist harboring nations, and for the short term...Just ideas on how to minimize the sleeper cell terrorist threat in this country in a time when Biological warefare is being waged on our citizens...But i guess we should do nothing and let all the visitors stay..Maybe this time the'll get cropdusters and put something in the water so Millions of us die needlessly...It seems to me you are more worried about certain naive Ideals of the freedom of anyone to come and go because this is America, then the safety of it's citizens. I'm not a Biggot or a racist..Just a realist and a survivalist..I want our citizens to survive and be safegarded from more attacks..War is played by a different set of Standards then peace time..We are at War. You are refusing to acknowledge that fact quite obviously.

Sean Michael Mormelo

www.seanmmormelo.com

[quote]Originally posted by sventvkg: [b] That was the most idiotic over-generalized Rant I have seen on this thread. No one was saying kick anyone out for good..And certainly not people who are naturalized American Citizens...We are talking Visitors here, and only from suspected terrorist harboring nations, and for the short term...Just ideas on how to minimize the sleeper cell terrorist threat in this country in a time when Biological warefare is being waged on our citizens...But i guess we should do nothing and let all the visitors stay..Maybe this time the'll get cropdusters and put something in the water so Millions of us die needlessly...It seems to me you are more worried about certain naive Ideals of the freedom of anyone to come and go because this is America, then the safety of it's citizens. I'm not a Biggot or a racist..Just a realist and a survivalist..I want our citizens to survive and be safegarded from more attacks..War is played by a different set of Standards then peace time..We are at War. You are refusing to acknowledge that fact quite obviously. [/b][/quote] No, YOUR solution is the stupid one. You're talking about rounding up law abiding citizens with work visa and green cards and loading them onto a boat. That's the stupidest fucking idea I've ever heard, because you are electing to punish innocent immigrants who contribute to society and leave the terrorist cells untouched. The bad guys are in hiding. Ask them to come to the airport for their free tickets - they'll laugh in your fucking face. They're underground, planning their next attack. Meanwhile, your plan to ship decent people out of the country disrupts business, ruins lives, destroys communities, and puts a strain on the economy. This approach is essentially terrorism, because it will accomplish exactly what bin Laden wants - paranoia, social unrest, and economic disaster. If we were to take action in this direction, we would become the unwitting allies of al Qaeda, because we are in fact working toward their objectives. This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 10-24-2001 at 02:34 AM

[quote]Originally posted by Tedster: [b]And, Dan, all of those groups you mentioned, the "get rid of all plumbers from New Zealand because blah blah" haven't done anything to act as though they want the U.S. as an entity to die.[/b][/quote] So you're saying that the mafia, drug dealers, criminals, and gangs are good for America. My point was that it's wrong to associate the wrongs of the few onto the peaceful majority that shares their ethnic background. Perhaps I was ineffective at communicating that point, but I believe that it morally wrong to follow the course that you and others are suggesting. It flies in the face of all that is American. It will also be ineffective, because terrorists are not going to leave when asked. Even if you do purge some of them, more will sneak in across the Canadian border. There is a better way, and I'm glad that the government and law enforcement are pursuing that better way. Investigate. Identify the people who are causing the problems. Round THEM up. Pump them for information. Continue the process. I'm amazed that the government is more enlightened than a group of musicians, but I'm relieved nonetheless.

quote dansouth: "That's the stupidest fucking idea I've ever heard, because you are electing to punish innocent immigrants who contribute to society and leave the terrorist cells untouched. The bad guys are in hiding. Ask them to come to the airport for their free tickets - they'll laugh in your fucking face. They're underground, planning their next attack. Meanwhile, your plan to ship decent people out of the country disrupts business, ruins lives, destroys communities, and puts a strain on the economy" 1. bin Laden elected to punish innocent citizens who contributed to societies across the globe, leaving the real source of his boil untouched. Pretty 'stupid fucking idea' to me. 2. The bad guys are in hiding, but aren't terribly savvy about keeping the paper trails covered, and either a) leave behind too much info, or b) expose themselves through some stupid manouvre. In the process of being asked to leave, they'll trip up (to wit, the idiot who insisted on learning how to fly an airliner without take-off or landing. No, no big tip-off, there). 3. So, what happened to America didn't disrupt business, ruin lives, destroy communities, and strain the economy? Interesting...not the America I'm experiencing. dansouth, I generally believe in taking a different approach than the one you're arguing against, too. But this country has let people walk all over it for just a little too long now. (My fiancee' and I are planning on having kids in the future, and I'm not about to let a psychotic angry mob of unfocused zealots walk all over them, either.) Until we can get a new system in place, the idea of clearing out has merit, because it can be awfully hard to introduce new systems while operating the current flawed ones (witness any change in politicos, a policy shift from a Detroit automaker, or a mid-season change in the primetime lineup at a major network). Those who have nothing to hide will understand, and will comply. Perhaps, in clearing out, the innocents affected will coalesce into a louder voice against terrorists, too. The larger the group that takes terroists to task (say that fast 3 times), the harder it'll be to run a network. Example: bin Laden's family disowned him some time ago; my guess is they'll pony up some efforts to help stabilize the wounds between our two nations, and in doing so, will help to focus the situation. I've noticed, too, that you've used more energy in hurling insults at some of us here than in offering a potentially workable solution; I'm not accustomed to seeing that level of vitriol from you, but everybody's passionate about something, I guess. You seem to rant about the idea that everyone who has even remotely olive skin gets the boot, which isn't even the idea suggested in the first place, and refuse to acknowledge when someone tries to clarify their position. What IS your solution/idea? I'll be very honest: if you've offered it, I've missed it for all the steam generated from your posts. You say bin Laden wants us to engage in war...well, sure, and he's a crackpot minority (Op'd up, to boot). Wipe him out of the picture, and his agents fall; an awkward comparison can be made to Hilter's band of merry men, who all fell towards the end (I make the comparison because you seem to favor likening the suggested approach to that of Hitler, which is not even really on the same dartboard). This guy's argument with U.S. citizens is similar in nature to a bar fight that gets out of hand...those countries over there (and I can't keep track of whoever the heck they are from month to month anymore, really--Whoarewestan? Stanisstan? Spockistan?--so forgive the 'generalization') have been fighting over pieces of land according to umpteen different versions of a book and what's the proper way to wear a beard and who has the right to gaze eastward for so goddamned long now that some of the other bar patrons have gotten mixed in with the fight as it moves from place to place in the bar. bin Laden's gripe is that of the guy who was near the fight when it started; wasn't part of it, but now wants to go and kill the barowners' family because his drink got spilled in the melee. bin Laden says America is a dog. Well, even nice dogs get cornered and bite. time to bite, dansouth...I'm tired of getting kicked.
I've upped my standards; now, up yours.

[b]2. The bad guys are in hiding, but aren't terribly savvy about keeping the paper trails covered, and either a) leave behind too much info, or b) expose themselves through some stupid manouvre.[/b] They were saavy enough to identify our weaknesses and exploit them with precision. Deportation may snag some of the stupid ones, but I'm worried about the masterminds. Soldiers are a dime a dozen. Arrest some dunce who does nothing but follow orders and he'll soon be replaced. Besides, do you really want to deport these guys and allow them to sneak back into the country incognito? I lean toward a harsher punishment - identify the guilty, incarcerate them, try them, and execute them. You can't exact that kind of justice on everone with a Moslem name or a turban, because it wouldn't be justice; it would be oppression. But if you focus on the guilty, you can exercise extreme prejudice. THAT is my approach, and that is one of the many reasons why I find the "round them all up and send them home" approach to be inferior. The blanket approach will be ineffective. It will overlook the real threat. It enables identified bad guys another chance to sneak back into the country. And, above all else, it's totally un-American. [b]In the process of being asked to leave, they'll trip up (to wit, the idiot who insisted on learning how to fly an airliner without take-off or landing. No, no big tip-off, there).[/b] I'm not interested in catching Gomer Pyle and letting James Bond sneak away. [b]3. So, what happened to America didn't disrupt business, ruin lives, destroy communities, and strain the economy? Interesting...not the America I'm experiencing.[/b] Why should we disrupt the country further with a mass deportation scheme that expels people who benefit the country. The father of one of my Egyptian friends is a respected OB/GYN. Should we call the expectant mothers that he is caring for and tell them that they'll have to find another doctor because theirs happened to be from the Middle East? How pathetic is THAT? You bet your bottom dollar I'm filled with vitriol. The suggestions that I've read on this thread urinate on Old Glory and all that she stands for. [b]But this country has let people walk all over it for just a little too long now.[/b] Drug dealers, hate groups, gangs, mafiosi, corrupt politicians, self-serving special interests, etc. Are you going to deport them, too? [b](My fiancee' and I are planning on having kids in the future, and I'm not about to let a psychotic angry mob of unfocused zealots walk all over them, either.)[/b] You children have more to fear from domestic threats than foreign ones, street crime, drug wars, illegal hand guns, carcinogens. By the way, if you stop by Planned Parenthood, be sure to wear your bomb-proof clothes. Should we prevent abortion clinic bombings by deporting all fundamentalist Christians? [b]the idea of clearing out has merit[/b] I steadfastly disagree. [b]Those who have nothing to hide will understand, and will comply.[/b] How about the Japanese who were "cleared out" during WWII? There's no evidence that this action prevented any internal attacks, whatsoever. In fact, the government later apologized for the internment. Some of the interns joined the armed services and fought for America. One company lost 850 Americans of Japanese descent in the process of rescueing 125 Caucasian American soldiers. Of course, when the Japanese-Americans returned home, they found that their homes had been confiscated by "real" Americans. They lost everything. Their homes, their savings, their freedom, and their dignity. Nothing to lose? Think again. [b]Perhaps, in clearing out, the innocents affected will coalesce into a louder voice against terrorists, too.[/b] What are you suggesting? That innocent people know who the bad guys are, but they're not willing to share their information? Of course, they'll be very motivated to help Uncle Sam when he's arranging for their deportation. [b]bin Laden's family disowned him some time ago; my guess is they'll pony up some efforts to help stabilize the wounds between our two nations, and in doing so, will help to focus the situation.[/b] Some of bin Laden's half-siblings live in the U.S. But I'm sure that they're on your "hit list" as well. [b]I've noticed, too, that you've used more energy in hurling insults at some of us here than in offering a potentially workable solution;[/b] I have hurled insults at no person. Ever. Period. Rather, I have hurled scathing comments at a simple-minded, unworkable, ineffective and grossly un-American approach to our country's current crisis. I HAVE spelled out my plan in my reply to Tedster. Investigate. Incarcerate perpetrators, conspiritors, and material witnesses. Repeat as needed. Also, increase security on several fronts. Thankfully, the government is responding almost exactly as I would want them to. They are expending every resource to hunt down the terrorists. They have incarcerated 800 suspects and material witnesses. They are cooperating with other governments to help break up terrorist cells abroad that could cause problems here - some of the 9/11 terrorists lived in Hamburg, Germany - and above all they are preaching tolerance. Apparently, they're not doing so well on that last bit. [b]I'm not accustomed to seeing that level of vitriol from you, but everybody's passionate about something, I guess.[/b] I'm passionate about American values and liberties. I'm passionate about punishing the guilty. I'm passionate about not punishing the innocent. I'm passionate about making it difficult for terrorists to work in this country and anywhere else. I'm passionate about exercising extreme prejudice in the punishment of the guilty - personally I think torture would not be inappropriate. But I'm also passionate about avoiding overreaction, because it gives our enemies more fuel for their hate campaigns. [b]You seem to rant about the idea that everyone who has even remotely olive skin gets the boot, which isn't even the idea suggested in the first place, and refuse to acknowledge when someone tries to clarify their position.[/b] In a country where a respected journalist and ex-presidential speechwriter (Peggy Noonan, whose alarmist drivel started this thread) sees Sikh tourists with a video camera and concludes that al Qaeda is operating before her very eyes, I find the "ship them all home" philosophy to be dangerously prevalent. Perhaps I need better reading glasses, but that IS what I picked up from several of the posts above. To get back to my tongue in cheek post, I have not heard anyone suggest deportation of all Hispanic tourists and visa holders to stem the influx of drugs into the U.S. We all recognize how ridiculous that would be. Why is is that we can't recognize the fallacy of deportation of Middle Eastern people en masse? Have terrorists killed more people than drugs and drug related violence? Not by a long shot. The proposed selective deportation of a certain ethnicity stikes me as bigotry taken to its ugliest extreme. [b]bin Laden says America is a dog. Well, even nice dogs get cornered and bite. time to bite, dansouth...I'm tired of getting kicked.[/b] Has anything, anywhere, in any post I've ever posted suggested to you that I want America to be raped by terrorists? I want to see supporters and collaborators of the 9/11 terror attacks drawn and quartered. But I don't want to see America return to the McCarthy era. How does my support of the values of tolerance and freedom undermine the cause of justice?

[quote]Originally posted by gtrmac@hotmail.com: [b]I've seen some mid-western guys videotaping buildings. Does that count?[/b][/quote] Yeah I'm with you Mac.....I understand the yellow mindset, because of my military days, but I can't talk about this stuff 24/7. The news is bad enough. Sorry guys.
Down like a dollar comin up against a yen, doin pretty good for the shape I'm in

[quote]Originally posted by dansouth@yahoo.com: [b] So you're saying that the mafia, drug dealers, criminals, and gangs are good for America. My point was that it's wrong to associate the wrongs of the few onto the peaceful majority that shares their ethnic background. Perhaps I was ineffective at communicating that point, but I believe that it morally wrong to follow the course that you and others are suggesting. .[/b][/quote] Nope. But I can't remember the last time the mafia killed 6000 people in one fell swoop. We need to have a war on crime. My family has been the victim of violent crime. My father was a homicide victim. So don't twist my words. I remember a liberal criminology class at Florida State where the premise is "We're all criminals, and there's no difference, so how can we judge?" That's stupid. Perhaps it is morally wrong. Perhaps the masterminds will sneak back into the country. And it is wrong to associate the actions of a few onto the many. But it happens all the time. Okay, here's a good example. Many people, innocent people, were "punished" Sept. 11th. They were nowhere near the trade center. They were on airplanes from Asia, Europe, South America, etc. They were refused admittance to this country's airspace. Many of them spent time on the ground in places like Gander, Newfoundland, a town that was unequipped to handle such an influx of people. That was unfair. They were punished for something they didn't do, just because they were on airplanes! That's wrong! But, I think if you search yourself, Dan, you can understand that it was a necessary step. Extreme times call for extreme measures. And, perhaps some sort of registry of non citizens would call attention to those who aren't reporting..."I am here to register, but my cousin won't come in".

>>>I HAVE spelled out my plan in my reply to Tedster. Investigate. Incarcerate perpetrators, conspiritors, and material witnesses. Repeat as needed. Also, increase security on several fronts. And, here, we agree. This is obviously the preferred solution. But what if it doesn't work? Those in custody aren't talking. So, how do we find out the others? I for one, would love to catch "Gomer Pyle" because he'd be likely to tip the identity of "James Bond". Meanwhile, envelopes keep coming in the mail... There has even been some talk of turning over the terrorist suspects we have in custody to other nations who have a history of not being so nice during interrogations.

I just saw a special on the Discovery Channel. A terrorist cell was uncovered in Milan, Italy, while Italian officials were investigating immigration irregularities and immigrant smuggling. They were running a shop as a front for their activities. We do need to pay closer attention to our immigration policies. And these people were attacking Italian interests! And using the Mafia to supply stolen and forged passports. Hmmm, what's Italian foreign policy like?

[b] There has even been some talk of turning over the terrorist suspects we have in custody to other nations who have a history of not being so nice during interrogations. [/b][/QUOTE] I think that's a splendid idea - Turkey or Egypt might be nice. I hope they do, but that's a far cry from deporting innocent people. And no, the airline delay is NOT the same thing. A hurricane could have cause that, even a massive power failure on the eastern seaboard. That's a lot different than uprooting people from their lives, closing their businesses, breaking their leases, cancelling their college classes, etc. without any sort of compensation. I don't have to search to see the difference. Drunk drivers kill more people than terrorists. Let's erradicate this menace by deporting everyone who drinks alcoholic beverages. This message has been edited by dansouth@yahoo.com on 10-24-2001 at 11:54 PM

[quote]Originally posted by Steve LeBlanc: [b]Dan South, Just have to say I have tons of respect for your strength and wisdom, shown not only in this thread but from the beginning. The fact that you live in NY City and can still have such rational thoughts is very inspiring.[/b][/quote] Thanks, Steve. I'm just trying to keep things in perspective. By the way, I live in Jersey and work in New York. Cheers!

I'm black, born in ohio, living in los angeles since 1975, i work at a local restaurant as a waiter in west LA, i've been working there since oct. 97 and my stupid ass racist co-workers think i'm arab. they took pictures of bin laden, wrote my name, along with duragatory comments on them and put them up on the bulletin board in our server station, nobody wants to say who did it, any way i have'nt even told them that i'm not Arab, and you know why because it does'nt matter if i'm not, that's the kind of people they are, just like the president said "the worst type of human being, human filth" so I hope he does root bin laden out of his cave and get him, and then get all the terrorist out of their training camps in montana and other places like it, you know the ones training toddlers to kill jews,blacks, and asians, you know the ones who have hundreds of white women called breeders giving birth to their master race, and if you don't know then go to your local video store, you can rent documentaries on these people they are no secret, so I hope America roots these terrorist out and bombs them to hell, and they can do the same to Farakahn, and the Black Israelites organization too. ps. I think america should get real.

Nawledge, welcome! Thanks for your perspectives. Sorry you have to work with idiots. Isn't it amazing how flexible the word "terrorist" is. We'll persecute anyone who looks remotely like they're from the Middle East. I don't hear anyone demanding the deportation of militias, Operation Rescue, or the KKK. - I GUARANTEE that we aren't going to drop any bombs on Montana. How many people in this country send money to the IRA? Should be bomb their houses as part of the so-called war on terrorism?

Archived