Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got one by the boss

Wes from Wpg

I've wanted a Les Paul for the longest time, but the boss (wife) said no. Yesterday was half price rental day at Long & McQuade. For $23, I now have a teal blue Epi Les Paul Standard hanging in the living room.

Only $43 a month to renew, and 60% of the rental goes toward it if I want to buy it. Now I just have to work on her to let me keep it for a couple more months and then buy it.

I may hive slipped one in throught the back door. Hope for all of us on a tight leash.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha, I can somewhat relate. Just started getting into electric guitar. Acquired my guitar & amp via Christmas, and an Ibanez chorus pedal via b-day gift from parents (returned "work clothes" for the $$$).

Now I am busy building up a basic arsenal of pedal effects for an upcomming gig. She notices every $$$ spent. Ebay a pedal for $50? Thought I could get that by her. She was quick to pick up on the fact that I would need a power adapter (before I realized there were daisey chains) and jumper cables. Now she realizes that a new pedal has its share of hidden costs.

She keeps a mental tab of the total sum of all my equiptment (despite if it was a gift or I made the purchase), and tallies it all in her head. Needless to say she "surprisingly" ended up purchasing a new laptop computer.

Women...

~j~

Archived