Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2 new guitars

wietse

yes , i'm not going for only one :D

this morning at a fleamarket the first one a yamaha rgx612s in case and with ,a boss

metalzone2 ,a boss delay pedal with a boss multipower adapter.

all that for only 150 euro

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/wietse/my%20guitars2/yamaha.jpg

has some minor damges and the floyd is blocked also the whammy bar is gone.

not a realy big problem IMO.

he plays great and screams like a demon a real metal guitar this one.

the next one i swapped with a forumite from the dutch guitar forum ,he wanted a bass and i a firebird copy ,so we swapped.

it's a daytone ,plywood ,set neck minihumbuckers and not bad at all ,plays like a dream sound is a little bit on the muddy side though.

but i'm happy ,firebird copy's are difficult to get.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/wietse/my%20guitars2/firebird.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have a Yamaha like that when I was 17 or 18. An RGX612S if I remember correctly. Mine was black.

Never sounded as good as it did when I tried it in the store. There were a lot of tuning problems with that guitar too. Maybe that's why the bridge is blocked.

Still, 150 for that and the pedals ain't bad.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

Originally posted by Gabriel E.:

There were a lot of tuning problems with that guitar too. Maybe that's why the bridge is blocked.

i think that's the problem , i don't mind really but it's a shame that the bar is gone.

i don't like floyd style bridges because of the tuning problems , changing strings is hell on those things.

the guitar is made in 87' a little bit too young for my collection , but i think he may stay ;) ,you don't see these yamaha's often.

i've never seen one before , it's more a ibanez model.

Originally posted by wietse:

There were a lot of tuning problems with that guitar too. Maybe that's why the bridge is blocked.

i think that's the problem , i don't mind really but it's a shame that the bar is gone.

i don't like floyd style bridges because of the tuning problems , changing strings is hell on those things.

the guitar is made in 87' a little bit too young for my collection , but i think he may stay ;) ,you don't see these yamaha's often.

i've never seen one before , it's more a ibanez model.

Some Floyd copies are cheap like the ones in

the cheaper Jackson D4,but the one in my Wolfgang

I could jump up and down on it and still stays in tune.With a little TlC.....wait you don't like floyds never mine. :(

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.

If I remember correctly, the bridge hinged on a cam roller like a Kahler. It wasn't a knife edge bridge like a Floyd.

There's also a little thumb screw somewhere (can't remember if it's in front or back) that stops the trem from pulling upwards when tightened. So maybe that's what's "blocking" the bridge's movement.

That guitar's got a 24.75" scale like a Gibson. It's a weird duck.

"You never can vouch for your own consciousness." - Norman Mailer

There's also a little thumb screw somewhere (can't remember if it's in front or back) that stops the trem from pulling upwards when tightened. So maybe that's what's "blocking" the bridge's movement.

nope there is just a piece of wood placed under it.

if i get a new bar than i will unlock him.

Archived