Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

porcupine tree.prog rock

vikingrat

i wanna know how many people out there in the guitar player web zone are into steve willson and porcupine tree.i got into them about four years ago and was totaly blown away.what are some other prog bands that anyone out there is into and why.how about the last cd you bought that really moved you.i loved the cd by tv on the radio and the elbow cd.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by vikingrat:

i wanna know how many people out there in the guitar player web zone are into steve willson and porcupine tree.i got into them about four years ago and was totaly blown away.what are some other prog bands that anyone out there is into and why.how about the last cd you bought that really moved you.i loved the cd by tv on the radio and the elbow cd.

I'll have to add Steve Willson and Porcupine Tree to the list of people I've never heard of. It's quite a large list and growing daily.

bbach

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Originally posted by vikingrat:

I heard P' Tree a few years ago (The Sky Moves sideways), then I picked up a recent single at a used cd store (Blackest Eyes), bit of a difference! I'm not a big prog rock fan but I like these folks (Sky was more ambient-ish).
www.windhamhill.com - Shameless Advertising!

I'm a big fan of Porcupine Tree! After hearing a song on Radio Paradise I went in search of more songs. I like most of what I've heard. So far I've picked up In Absentia. Which is great. My local stores don't seem to be stocking any other cd's so I'll probably order some online soon.

Marc

Searching for a new sig

Archived