Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

fx loops and the ilk

bty3056

hi again,

I don't think that my Roland BluesCube has an effects loop in it, and a pedal/preamp stomp that i have been looking at apparently doesn't work as well at all unless it is placed in the loop. Is there any way that i can get around this, or should i look at other ones instead?

thanks very much for your help.

Bty.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta ask, what stomp box doesn't work well at all unless it is in the effects loop? Sounds bogus to me.

Now, given the option, I'd almost always use the effects loop.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

hi bill,

the box i was looking into was the tech 21 sansamp ad (i think) which has 3 distortions based on a fender, marshall and boogie (I can see a few people wincing at the thought already!). I normally try to stay clear of modelling effects but these look quite good. It acts as a preamp apparently and from what i hear sounds a lot worse when just put straight in the amp's input. Maybe i should look into a different box, but thanks for the comment nevertheless.

cheers,

bty

So this is a preamp, not a stomp box? That is different. It provides you with a whole front end to replace that of your existing amp. Makes sense.

Bill

"I believe that entertainment can aspire to be art, and can become art, but if you set out to make art you're an idiot."

Steve Martin

Show business: we're all here because we're not all there.

Archived